• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

wrexham and linwood

• Thread starter championship_here_we_come
  • Start date

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Little obviously see's Goodison as a better defender which I don't agree with. Although the main thing is Linwood can be recalled in 24 hours notice and is ineligable for their LDV game. We just have to get on with it... maybe one of these days Little will see Linwood is a better player!

Joe_TRFC said:
Little obviously see's Goodison as a better defender which I don't agree with. Although the main thing is Linwood can be recalled in 24 hours notice and is ineligable for their LDV game. We just have to get on with it... maybe one of these days Little will see Linwood is a better player!

the point of the matter is mate, little signed goodison - linwood was already there! little loves his own signings whether ther good or bad! look at bruce! what's he done that linwood wasn't doing. he is just a waste of a loan signing! linwood goin to wrexham suits himself and wfc,he doesn't suit us at all which is the most important.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
you mean bruce is a waste of loan signing? whatever, bruce is a beast I'm glad we've got him.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
bolton_hater said:
you mean bruce is a waste of loan signing? whatever, bruce is a beast I'm glad we've got him.

I'm not sure what you mean by he's a beast?! :shock:
To be honest, he hasn't done a great deal to impress me really. I think he slots in slighter better than Linwood at right back, but he's far from the player Little was making him out to be.

Ian said:
bolton_hater said:

I'm not sure what you mean by he's a beast?! :shock:
To be honest, he hasn't done a great deal to impress me really. I think he slots in slighter better than Linwood at right back, but he's far from the player Little was making him out to be.

Ian i totally agree with you there mate! he does look more of a right back than linwood but not much more!

M

Matthew The Rover

This was one problem was getting rid of Taylor. We never had anybody to replace him. Ideally, to complete reduce the wage bill, we should now be playing 3-5-2 with Sharps, Jackson and Linwood as the three central defenders and having Gareth at Left Mid and Aiston on the Right. Jennings, Harrison and Rankine in the center of Midfield and the amazing Duo upfront (yes Calvin Zola and Theo Whitmore)

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
From what i've seen of Bruce he's been pretty decent... solid and gives 100%. He's not the same type of player that Taylor was, so we can't really expect that, he's more defensive.

M

Matthew The Rover

Joe_TRFC said:
From what i've seen of Bruce he's been pretty decent... solid and gives 100%. He's not the same type of player that Taylor was, so we can't really expect that, he's more defensive.

He was in a lose/lose situation. He played well and he would be slated and if he played crap the same would happen because he had such big boots to fill, as our previous three right backs (Yates, Connelly and Taylor I think) have all been very good. Better than Bruce currently is.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yes... but aslong as Bruce stays Solid and gives 100% i'll be happy. Summerbee was brought in to do the attacking on the right hand side... so Bruce can leave most of that to him.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, I wouldnt compare him to Taylor, its unfair on the lad. Although he still looks like a pretty average full back to me. Don't think he'll be grinding out his career at Birmingham somehow.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
He seemds impressive when he played against us twicelast season for oldham

Joe_TRFC said:
Yes... but aslong as Bruce stays Solid and gives 100% i'll be happy. Summerbee was brought in to do the attacking on the right hand side... so Bruce can leave most of that to him.

you say that, but what about last year when we had hall and taylor on the right? they are both attack minded players. my point is that linwood is as good as bruce. let's not forget also that bruce is a centre back!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
fair enough... but I thought that Hall tracked back more and helped out than Summerbee will.