• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

What can Rovers do to get the attendences up?

• Thread starter Matthew The Rover
  • Start date

DixieDean

Matthew The Rover said:
It is a disgrace how all these glory cunters turn up for the Hartlepool and Millwall games, etc, but then go back to glory cunting Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea etc.

would you rather they didnt come at all? or are you saying they should turn up and be happy with us playing like turds every week?

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
they should come but support tranmere as a "1st team!"

M

Matthew The Rover

I'd prefer to have the league attendence at every game other than have 16,000 for our one "big" game a season.

B

Banana Army

PLaying some decent footie might get the attendances slightly higher

M

Matthew The Rover

This may not be agreed with by most of you, but I think it might be an idea to move ground. One problem for the poor atmosphere is that only half, if that many, of the seats in each stand are filled. We need to move to a slightly smaller, say 12,000 ground, which is very enclosed so that the atmosphere doesn't get out. We could build a ground like Hulls, where they have left a space above each tier, where if needed, another tier could be built.
Money could be raised by selling the current ground and transfer money etc.
Also, don't forget, it can't be long until the main stand gets re-built.

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

I also know this may not be popular, but not having the Shed for home fans doesn't help.

The hardcore fans are spread all over the place, where as before the Shed would be full of them.

I'm in the Johnny King stand and I don't know if much goes on in the Kop but you certainly can't hear it.

You have to face facts, we're a small town club with two massive neighbours. We're never gonna have a massive hardcore support until either the glory hunters see the error of their ways, or one or both of our neighbours go bust.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot said:
You have to face facts, we're a small town club with two massive neighbours. We're never gonna have a massive hardcore support until either the glory hunters see the error of their ways, or one or both of our neighbours go bust.

Well said. Now can we all stop talking about increasing our attendance. :-$

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Matthew The Rover said:
We need to move to a slightly smaller, say 12,000 ground, which is very enclosed so that the atmosphere doesn't get out.

Money could be raised by selling the current ground and transfer money etc.

UTTER RUBBISH.

Perhaps you don't feel the tingle as you approach the ground, and that feeling only increases as you pass the turnstiles, buy a programme, walk up the stairs, and then the thrill as you walk out and see that same Prenton Park pitch again where you've seen tricky wingers, big centre halves kicking lumps out of opponents, penalties and penalty saves, goal-getting centre forwards, cup upsets and play off matches. To move away from Prenton would be madness.

We certainly don't NEED to move, as you suggest. Our stadium is one of the best in this division we're currently in and something to be proud of.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
thanks for the essay! i feel the boredom when you blab on!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
To be honest I agree with NBDH... especially as I don't make too many games... the feeling of seeing PP is a feeling that is matched by nothing else in my life.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Seanyb said:
Sign Ronaldihno :D
We'd still struggle to make 10k! :lol: