• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Welsh signs 2 year deal with Rovers

Player
Goodison
John Welsh has signed a new 2 year deal for Rovers. Very good news, probably our best midfielder last season once he worked out what kit we played in! Him and Labadie could form a very good partnership.

As he's signed a 2 year deal perhaps Bakayogo has also been offered 2 years not 1, although that remains to be seen. Curran was offered a one year contract though so we'll have to wait and see.

Hopefully Zoom will re-sign but i've got a feeling he wants to move back down south.

http://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10365~2074153,00.html

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Interesting that we offered him a 2 yr deal - I thought it was just the 1 - in which case you couldnt have blamed if he had left like Curran (albeit I aint bothered the Craig has gone).

Les is right - him and Joss in a middle 3 with say Taylor breaking things up could be good.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Not bad I suppose. Not a huge fan of Welsh, I think he does just enough, but at least we have some players willing to commit to the club now.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Good news i thought the longer the season went on the better he got, really got stuck in to good effect

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Did ok last season and will give us some continuity for the next season, but can't get too excited about this.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'm very pleased. He had had a lot of injury problems and then never got much of a chance at Hull. Once he got match fit and regained his confidence, he's been a regular. We do need some continuity. He'd have been missed next season. Les certainly rates him and I've got to back his judgement.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
One of our better players last season - a decent player at this level, and a good signing. Have a feeling he might kick on this year having got through last season injury free.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The spine of the team is now looking quite decent with Goodison, Taylor, Labadie, Welsh and Moore signed up. If we can avoid injuries hopefully we can have a relatively good season this time, even with a budget of 2p.