Welcome to White Review!

Want to join in? Register today. It's free and only takes a minute.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

watching allan shears dementia program

Discussion in 'General - Off Topic' started by aldoes mustache, 12 Nov 2017.

1. aldoes mustache

Wow its incredible to think that heading a football can ruin life's and can cause dementia. Sò meney foot ballers have been affected by this. Its crazy that nothing is happening with this

2. bring back the cowshed!

I agree, AM. It was depressing seeing that ex centre forward (Matt Tees) and hearing Jeff Astle's daughter. Even more depressing is what little progress is being made to research and advise. FIFA are doing nothing (no surprise), the FA are moving very slowly and the PFA say it's not their responsibility (par for the course). If I had a child who was mad on football, I would certainly be worried.

3. Ian

Ian Super White!

It is a worrying trend, but apart from not heading the ball at all, I’m not sure what else can be done.
    I see there’s a trend regarding no contact in sports, one of them being rugby to reduce injuries. Not sure how that would work.

4. Boz

Boz

Didn't see the programme, but have heard the issues raised discussed. It's hard to imagine the game without headers and there doesn't seem to be enough known on how much of a risk there is with the lighter balls in use now. The PFA's response has been disappointing.