• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

watching allan shears dementia program

Player
aldo
Wow its incredible to think that heading a football can ruin life's and can cause dementia. Sò meney foot ballers have been affected by this. Its crazy that nothing is happening with this

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I agree, AM. It was depressing seeing that ex centre forward (Matt Tees) and hearing Jeff Astle's daughter. Even more depressing is what little progress is being made to research and advise. FIFA are doing nothing (no surprise), the FA are moving very slowly and the PFA say it's not their responsibility (par for the course). If I had a child who was mad on football, I would certainly be worried.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It is a worrying trend, but apart from not heading the ball at all, I’m not sure what else can be done.
I see there’s a trend regarding no contact in sports, one of them being rugby to reduce injuries. Not sure how that would work.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Didn't see the programme, but have heard the issues raised discussed. It's hard to imagine the game without headers and there doesn't seem to be enough known on how much of a risk there is with the lighter balls in use now. The PFA's response has been disappointing.