• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Ups and downs

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Nice to see Accrington have reached their highest ever position by clinching promotion to league 1 recently. Amazing to imagine if we don't go up we'll still be 2 divisions below them and the likes of Oldham.

Ryan Lowe who is temporary charge of Bury has seen his side relegated. It'll be interesting whether he stays on next season. At the other end of league 1 Max Power has been key to Wigan's title charge.

Coming up to the National League North perhaps unsurprisingly is Salford who appear to be certain of promotion. Lee Vaughan and George Warings Kidderminster remain in the play offs, as does Odejayi's and Darren Stephensons Stockport.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Salford could be the new FGR - it took them a couple of seasons before they mugged our half strength team.
Pleased for Altrincham. Be nice if Kiddy make it as well.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Wouldn't mind Stockport coming back up, as they'd bring a half-decent following. If Rovers don't go up, we miss out on a couple of decent crowds next season with Macclesfield and Chester no longer in the NL.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Wouldn't mind Stockport coming back up, as they'd bring a half-decent following. If Rovers don't go up, we miss out on a couple of decent crowds next season with Macclesfield and Chester no longer in the NL.
To be honest, I think Chesterfield would bring more fans than Macclesfield did. I agree about Stockport, more so for their sake.

My main concern if we stay down is the potential strength of the league next season. Salford, Fylde and Ebbsfleet will all spend a fortune again, Orient and potentially Hartlepool will be stronger and Chesterfield will also be down here. Now is a very good time to get out.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I agree re Chesterfield’s away following, but Barnet/Morecambe the other side likely to drop don’t bring much travelling support.

Totally agree with your other point about the financial strength of potential opponents. I’m desperately hoping we do get out, but the play-offs mean a side who deserves to go up doesn’t always manage it.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Apart from finishing top, we won’t have a better chance to do this. Team playing well, scoring goals, relatively injury free and clearly enjoying their football.

Obviously the skill is there. Let’s hope the players have the right mental attitude and toughness to get through the next few games.