• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Trust meeting

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
There was a meeting before the game with Mark and Nicola, by way of a question and answer session. The timing (2.30) meant it was relatively poorly attended, with about 25 present. Issues discussed included;
  • Season ticket debacle. About 1000 went missing[out of 2500+ sold], Post Office investigation underway, don't think the scale of the problem was initially appreciated by the club. Looking to do differently next year, but likely to be more in terms of posting out earlier than allowing shop collection, which has greater staffing cost implications. Also removed club crest from franked mail for now. Compensation may be due from Royal Mail for re-printing/sending.
  • Good sales of the new shirts because of Wembley and the Belmont away kit. As it's a bespoke kit takes time to produce and can't get on sale or return basis, but good financally and there should be some more in stock later this month.
  • Trying to encourage more people to eat in the ground, by taking over the catering and improving the quality with the food prepared in house. However the blue vans as in my part of the ground are still franchises.
  • The club are writing and sending reports on the referees, presumably to the NFL
  • The Mongolia project going well, setting up a football school out there, as well as current coaching activities. Financially it should yield a 7 figure sum when up and running.
There weren't any questions asked about current finances in the light of the Wirral Live and academy funding losses, but it looks like things may be tight in the short term.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Thanks Boz. Probably a good thing it was before and not after the game!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Thanks Boz.

I still don't see how giving the option to pick up your season ticket will impact that greatly on staff costs.

It's not like we're selling 20k season tickets. More lilely 2k trickling through.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Also the catering is a bit of a mess in the JK stand. It takes a while to get served as they have to input every order into a phone (although this is getting quicker) and each time they've ran out of food. This week it was burgers, game before it was hot dogs.

Willow catering wasn't exactly service with a smile but at least they were efficient.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Thanks for the update Boz. I agree with Ian about the season tickets, as the collection option was available in previous years when we were much more strapped financially.

I think the staff in the JK stand are new to the job and taking a while to get up to speed. However, the standard of the food and drink is way better than the garbage served up by Willow.

I am glad I finally managed to pick up the away kit yesterday.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
There was a little uncertainty about the exact ST sales, but around 2.5k. I agree with you both regarding a collection option, but the message from Nicola suggested it wouldn't happen.