• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

TROSC AGM

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I could not make the meeting last week, but I was sent the minutes which make interesting reading.

MP was asked about the wage budget this season and said it was impossible to be sure it was in the top third in the division. However, he was certain it was in the top ten. Interestingly, one club with double our current budget was relegated from the League last season (Chesterfield presumably) while Accrington were promoted with a budget of less than one million. MP placed more emphasis on Micky's ability as a manager and his capacity for getting the best out of players than in some previous meetings.

MP confirmed that they would like to offer Norwood a new deal and have spoken to him about it, as was the case two years ago. However, reading between the lines it seems he won't sign (or at least not yet) and is likely to leave in the summer.

Last edited:

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Thanks RLC. Alas the situation with Nors appears inevitable.

Hopefully like Cookie his last season with us will see promotion.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I think negotiations are ongoing over extending Norwood's contract, but it would not come as a surprise if he left in the summer.

Seems odd that MP is certain our playing budget is top 10 but cannot be sure it is top third (which is 8 clubs)

Player
Manager
John King
Seems odd that MP is certain our playing budget is top 10 but cannot be sure it is top third (which is 8 clubs)
Yes, that it is what I thought ! Maybe something was lost in translation.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Any more general information about the state of our finances and the dependency on loan players this season?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Thanks RLC. I’ll be gutted to see Norwood leave but I guess we have to move on, that’s football. I just hope we find suitable replacements when the time comes.

Player
Manager
John King
Any more general information about the state of our finances and the dependency on loan players this season?
The China project was discussed and it seems that activities were on hold for a time because of the political situation out there. However, the blockage now seems to have been removed and we are making progress again.

I get the impression that the situation in China is quite unpredictable and we are not guaranteed future income streams. MP talked about expanding into other areas, such as the US, and doing more coaching in North West England as well. What all that means in terms of the long term finances of the club I have not got a clue, but it does seem that the Chinese project won't be the 'silver bullet' that solves all our problems at a stroke.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Thanks for the reply RLC. Expectations of the China project last year were very high, it seems that recent events have come as something of a reality check to the earlier optimism.

Player
Manager
John King
I think we are making money from these various projects, but we have to work hard for what we get rather than having access to 'easy' money.

Or at least, that is the impression I get without attending the meeting.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I don't think anyone anticipated three years in the conference. That's got to come as some financial blow. Hate to thing what would have happened if we hadn't gone up.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I don't think anyone anticipated three years in the conference. That's got to come as some financial blow. Hate to thing what would have happened if we hadn't gone up.

Missing out on football league money for three seasons was a big blow