• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Transfer window

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
As feared, Tollit out for the season and Dunn 4-6 weeks. Disastrous for us as whilst we're not a one man team, Tollit & Cook have been our only real goal threat of late. Need to wrap the big man up in cotton wool.

Connor J apparently can't come back until 6th March. That leaves Kirby, Almond, Mekki & Dawson as our creative wide men. Stephenson also out for the season.

MM has said he doesn't want to bring anyone else in but you worry about the impact on the confidence of the rest of the squad losing such important players.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It's now a test for MM to keep spirits up. It's a blow but should not sink our promotion hopes - unless the squad believe it will.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Agreed RLC.

drwhoman

Fair comment BBTC. Terrible news to effectively lose both wide men for the season. We can only see what MM comes up with on Saturday. It may adversely affect morale in the squad but let us hope that, alternatively, it makes them more determined! A test of character for sure.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It was unlikely that we'd have caught Lincoln given their form and even without Tollit and Dunn, we should make the play-offs. After that it's a lottery.

Puzzled about MMs actions on two counts.
As BBTC points out,what was the point of raising £30k to help towards the promotion push, if Micky has no plans to use it.
Why is Micky freezing out/shipping out players at a time when our squad is being depleted while saying he doesn't want to bring anyone in?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Almond gone to southport on loan for a month, forgot he was still with us.

really bad news on tollitt and dunn, be interesting to see what happens now

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It was unlikely that we'd have caught Lincoln given their form and even without Tollit and Dunn, we should make the play-offs. After that it's a lottery.

Puzzled about MMs actions on two counts.
As BBTC points out,what was the point of raising £30k to help towards the promotion push, if Micky has no plans to use it.
I think you need to ask the trust that rather than Mellon. I don't think it was Micky's idea and I always said there were better ways of spending the money.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I think you need to ask the trust that rather than Mellon. I don't think it was Micky's idea and I always said there were better ways of spending the money.
What were your suggestions on using the money?
Probably not Micky's idea, but if the club didn't approve, it wouldn't have happened. Trust AGM this weekend, so might hear more at that.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
What were your suggestions on using the money?
Off the field activities in general. I said on principle the money should not be spent on wages, which you seemed to agree with at the time.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
You're probably right. I didn't contribute to the fund and still don't really get what the purpose of it is. Fairly sure we haven't spent all our player budget if the need arises.

M

Mal

maybe someone can help me out. How many other clubs have lost so many players to long term injury this season? If none, then what is the reason we have? Cannot be bad luck. Is it style of play? Is it lack of fitness? Is it bad tackling that goes unpunished?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
maybe someone can help me out. How many other clubs have lost so many players to long term injury this season? If none, then what is the reason we have? Cannot be bad luck. Is it style of play? Is it lack of fitness? Is it bad tackling that goes unpunished?
Why can't it be bad luck? Didn't see the Boreham Wood game, but nothing to suggest the injuries down to foul or fitness. Wallace was injured by a challenge the referee (wrongly imo) adjudged to be fair, but he's fairly fragile anyway and it might have had less impact on a fully fit player. Cook's broken finger in the gym goes into the freak accident category.

Luck does play a part in all football, with Lincoln having no major injuries so far.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Bad luck or not, we've had more than our fair share of unfortunate problems over the last five years. The original long-term injury to Wallace, others including Akpa Akpro, Joe Thompson's illness and the separate betting issues with Ronnie and Goodi. No one can say we are a lucky club.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Just been reading on the Southport forum about Almond's return, they say he's seriously overweight.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well he's been doing bugger all for a few months!