• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere v Crewe

Tranmere v Crewe
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Friday, March 8, 2019 - 07:45 PM
Until: Friday, March 8, 2019 - 09:30 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Nice mention for us then on BT saying Ben has 3 games left with Wrexham and he’s said he’s gutted to be leaving them. But could help us with our promotion push

I cant see us playing for us again

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Great effort from Stockton in stoppage time, Wrexham's first shot on target.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I cant see us playing for us again
Although we are now playing well and you would think he would struggle even to make our bench, his speed and ability to pass defenders would make him a very useful impact player.

Player
Manager
John King
Although we are now playing well and you would think he would struggle even to make our bench, his speed and ability to pass defenders would make him a very useful impact player.
I am not sure he would even make the bench. There are three wingers ahead of him at the moment.

Player
aldo
the scores today have been great forest green lose exeter lose mansfield lose . wow what a weekend oh the lap top is back

Player
Manager
John King
I would say the results were mixed, as Colchester, Carlisle and MK Dons all won. However, we now have a three point gap to eighth place.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Defeat for Grimsby away at Crawley so another very winnable game on Tuesday

Player
Manager
John King
On reflection, we are in an incredible position. Fifth place with a three point cushion to the team outside the play offs. Who would have predicted that a couple of months ago ?

Player
aldo
good on em it shows what happens if the fans do what they say . imagine oysten at home seeing that crowd

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The positive spin on there being so many teams fighting for effectively the remaining three play-off places is that virtually every week some of them will be playing each other and so some have to drop points. So, if we can keep grinding out the results - especially against our rivals - we will surprise a few people.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The positive spin on there being so many teams fighting for effectively the remaining three play-off places is that virtually every week some of them will be playing each other and so some have to drop points
This is what's great when you get to the tail end of the season, you look at the fixtures and a lot of them are playing each other and it makes for quite a few interesting weeks! It's certainly great to be excited about the remaining games when I was fairly satisfied with a mid table finish at the start of the season. It also might help to sell a few more season tickets before the season ends.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Back-to-back promotions from the NL to League One are rare. Even Luton and Lincoln didn't manage it. But I think most of us have raised our expectations from mid-table to the playoffs.

Player
Manager
John King
Back-to-back promotions from the NL to League One are rare. Even Luton and Lincoln didn't manage it. But I think most of us have raised our expectations from mid-table to the playoffs.
I think Bristol Rovers are the only team to have done it. The average final placing of a promoted team in League Two is something like thirteenth, which emphasises how well we have done this season.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I think Bristol Rovers are the only team to have done it. The average final placing of a promoted team in League Two is something like thirteenth, which emphasises how well we have done this season.
Doncaster Rovers also achieved it in 2002 to 2004.