• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere v Cheltenham

Tranmere v Cheltenham
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Nice comments from Nors

Great team performance . Game could have been a lot easier if I had my shooting boots on but from 1-11 thought everyone was class ! #SWA great all day. Helped us kick on in last 20!
1f44f-1f3fc.svg

Player
aldo
just seen the goal what a strike . also had a chuckle at chester losing 8-1 . oh just so you all know salford have lost there last 2 . money dont bye you sucksess love it hahahaha

ADD

Player
Norwood
The official was better yesterday I will grant you that.... last week however at Stevenage he was terrible with the CB wrestling Stockton to the ground on several occasions and no foul given...
After two games I am however impressed by the standard of play - definitely a step up and more than I expected if I am honest!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I thought the ref at Stevenage was fine, to be honest. Much better than the ones at NL level, who are atrocious almost without exception.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I thought it was a very good performance and a thoroughly deserved win which really should have been by a far greater margin than the one goal, there were several good performances but I thought Banks was outstanding

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
As much relieved as pleased as it will keep the doubters quiet for a while and give Micky a bit of breathing space. Frankly, I think we have the makings of a play-off side if we can get in a couple more decent players - midfield and up front. If not, we are likely to drift around midtable. We will have to fall away really badly to go down again. I don't think this will happen while we have our current owners and manager.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
A rare trip to PP for me to welcome the team back to the EFL (ashamed to admit I didn't make it to a single game last season).

I thought we looked decent and great to see us playing 4-4-2 with Zoom and Caprice bombing forward. As Nors said, a good performance right through the team, not really a weak link in there.

Ref was very generous to us I thought. had to laugh at the guys behind me in the kop who whenever we got a decision said "we wouldn't have been given that last season". Literally *every* decision!

Great atmosphere and it's a good day out now with the better facilities, food/drink and buzz around the stands.

Hope to get to a few more this season.