• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere v Aldershot (play-off semi-final 2nd leg)

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Fair play to Aldershot for giving it a go but we were by far the better team over two legs. We had numerous chances to score and I don't think Norwood was offside for his goal.

Delighted for the club and the supporters. About time we had something to cheer about. 10241 att. Superb support and great atmosphere.

90 mins away! See you all at Wembley!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Well that was special. The feeling of relief when Nors fired in the equaliser was immense.

Some very good performances but mom for me was Ridehalgh.

When they got the second I was worried but we managed the half well. Massive save from Davies too.

One more hurdle to get across

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Only black spot was the injury to Wallace.

Apparently he left the ground on crutches and in tears. Worries it may be his ACL.

Personally I feel really sorry for him. He's been great in recent weeks. More importantly it gives Micky another headache but we've overcome all the others so keep the faith.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The news about Wallace is bad, the plusses in his game today well outweighed the minuses. There always was a risk given his history of further injury, those to Harris and Steve Jennings couldn't be predicted, but I did feel that we might have been better recruiting a central midfielder rather than Collins and Sousa who have been barely called upon.

Agree with Sparky that Ridehalgh had a really good game. Also thought Maynard was impressive. McNulty rode his luck a bit with some of the elbows in the early stages, but could see why he was given MoM.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Considering who started the rumours on another site, I am not sure Wallace actually has an ACL injury. However, with his injury record I would be surprised if he starts next week, which will almost certainly mean another change of formation.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think we just have to accept that Wallace will always be injury prone, it's just part of the course with him. Frustrating though as he gets to a point where he's playing games again and then get injured and its back to square one.

M

Mal

haven't seen an official notification of Wallace situation. Is it just s rumour?

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
We're normally the five to three brigade but so pleased we were inside the ground early to savour it. Tremendous.
A good effort from Shots who might well say that Scottie has kept us in it (some unbelievable stops) but they rode their luck in their own 6 yard box a few times.
Macca was at his bullying best, Rides was superb (vastly improved this season) and Wallace rolled back the years.
I think we fully deserved to end all square today.
Wembley tickets bought, in the singing section with South Park players and fans.
The jangling nerves resume on Monday!

drwhoman

Great win. Just seen the goals on YouTube. Very cool finishes from Stockton and Norwood. More next week please! Was it just coincidence that the sound disappeared just before and after Mensah scored?! Suddenly reappeared for the push on Hughes! What an arrogant young man he clearly he is. Heading for a fall no doubt.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The Mensah goal was very well-placed into a spot where Scott had no chance of getting it, one of the better goals by an opposing team, no question.

I felt Aldershot players behaviour at the end of the game was creditable, as was that of their manager in applauding the home fans. Hope that they are able to get back into the FL too, will be one of our bigger rivals for promotion next season if we don't escape next Sunday.

Ronnie Moore with BT today and got applause from the crowd. The team that he kept up when we went down, Hartlepool have been relegated into the NL after Newport won their final game.

drwhoman

Amazing escape by Newport. Winner in 89 minute! Hard luck for Pools. Always close to the drop in the days of re-election for the bottom four.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Amazing escape by Newport. Winner in 89 minute! Hard luck for Pools. Always close to the drop in the days of re-election for the bottom four.
Amazing indeed. I thought they were dead and buried a few weeks ago. Few teams escape when they have three managers in the same season. Hartlepool just fell away in recent games. Yes, drw, I remember Hartlepool were always the whipping boys in the old Fourth Division in the sixties and frankly have done very little since.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The Mensah goal was very well-placed into a spot where Scott had no chance of getting it, one of the better goals by an opposing team, no question.

I felt Aldershot players behaviour at the end of the game was creditable, as was that of their manager in applauding the home fans. Hope that they are able to get back into the FL too, will be one of our bigger rivals for promotion next season if we don't escape next Sunday.

Ronnie Moore with BT today and got applause from the crowd. The team that he kept up when we went down, Hartlepool have been relegated into the NL after Newport won their final game.
From what I saw on TV, Aldershot players, manager and fans behaved with great credit yesterday. Even Mr Mensah.

The curse of Ronnie Moore! Yet another of his former teams gets relegated! Rovers two years ago, Rotherham also this year. All the clubs who sacked Ronnie have suffered badly recently. Look too at Eastleigh. Oldham to be relegated next year?

M

Mal

how annoying. Just failed on my Newcastle/tranmere combination for champions. Had I put Promoted on the slip, I would have still had a chance.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
how annoying. Just failed on my Newcastle/tranmere combination for champions. Had I put Promoted on the slip, I would have still had a chance.

I had Plymouth & Brighton in an each way double so nearly won £925 instead of £80