• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere 3-0 Leyton Orient

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Good win today. Played brilliantly first half by the sounds of it but quite poor second half. Ward opened the scoring with a free kick from 80 yards which bounced over their keepers head and went in. Can't wait to see that one! Greenacre quickly made it two after good work from Shuker. Tore them apart and Shuker missed a sitter and we had some penalty shouts turned down.

Second half we took our foot off the gas and gave them too much possession but we still had better chances with us hitting the post and Taylor missing a chance. Greenacre killed the game off with 10 mins to go. A few good saves by Ward and McAteer did well when he came on. I think we are up to 2nd as well... Although Vale have to play yet. Hopefully we can keep this good run of form up... 3 straight league wins now!

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Ward opened the scoring with a free kick from 80 yards which bounced over their keepers head and went in.

Saw his name come up on teletext and thought 'eh'? Would have loved to have seen that, they do say that to do well you have to score goals from all positions! Should be on Soccer AM next week.

Another great result, dare we start believing that this might be our year?

Bring on Bristol City on Friday night, I'm making the trip up for this one (first game of the season for me, can't wait) so I'm really hoping for another good performance.

Keep it up Rovers =D> =D> =D>

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
what a game. ward scored and what a goal it was.greenacre made it two with a well taken shot and from there it all went quite nicely.had about three decent penalty shouts turned down all concerning the same orient player who should have been sent off imo. their keeper had a few moments which were appalling, namely wards goal and the pass back (which all their players were not ten yards back for). I wouldn't of said shuker missed a sitter but he had two opportunities where if it had been greenacre taking them then we would have scored.greenacre second was lucky to get to him but he did take it well. looking forward to the rest of then season if we carry on playing like this.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yep, great game to watch.
Ward's goal was bizarre. The bounce just completely caught the keeper of guard. I don't even think Ward knew it was in until the players started to celebrate. Still think it's his boots! :wink:

Pleased for Greenacre who got 2 goals. Another tireless performance from him, he's up to 3 now.

Goodison had another good game and in general, the defence was solid again. Another clean sheet, can't complain! We've only conceded 2 in the league so far..

Thought Shuker was fantastic first half. Really tricky down that right wing and caused all sorts of problems. In fact, we played some excellent football in that first half, and it's fair to say Shuker should have scored with that chance he got. He did all the hard work setting up the goal but then put it just wide of the keepers post. You could see how frustrated he was at the miss.

The players are now looking more assured and you can see the confidence flowing more. Even Stockdale stood out more than usual.

I wouldn't say we had a poor second half. Orient came at us, to be expected, and we did sit back a little to much, but we just needed that third and we had plenty of chances to get it.

I felt even though the keeper had a nightmare start to the game, he made some excellent saves to keep the score down.

Finally it came and every was happy again.

2 last thing to mention.

1. The referee was awful. Some supporters were laughing at him towards the end of the game as his decisions just became laughable in the end.

2. Supporters. Just below 6500 for this game. We were fourth in the league, now up to second, the lads are trying to play attacking football, we scored three goals, the game was exciting to watch, but having a core of 6000 is poor. We need supporters to come back. No Everton or Liverpool either. Hoping to see a good att on Fri night...

Well done to the Rovers today, delighted with their performance and looking forward to Friday night's game.

S

slawlane

Today I think tranmere became a fortress, the defence was solid, gavin ward was superb, perhaps the attacking force was a let down in the second half, but overall including the noise from the crowd, this match sets our hopes high for automatic promotion.

Motm for me had to Gavin Ward, you can call his goal what ever you want bizzare, a freak goal or even lucky, but its definately a contender for goal of the season :-D. Not only did he score that goal, his performance in goal was spot on, that freekick save and leytons header onto goal which was brilliantly saved kept us in the game, i think we should consider ourselves very lucky to have such a keeper, very funny when he had goal kicks and "SHOOT!" echoed throughout prenton park. When he assisted Greenacre's 1st goal he was running up to the kop to celebrate, but it was his goal celebration i want to see again, he just stood there confused lol.

It wouldnt suprise me if Goodison appeared in team of the week again, he had a solid game, made me eat my words after i didnt want him back in the squad after last seasons performance, he has become quite the fan favorite. Maybe some might disagree but Gareth Taylor seems too complacent, he lacks to match the effort of greenacre and his headers arnt up to scratch, hope the attackin force gel better soon. I really want to like Shuker, he does work hard to earn the ball but he's no andy parkison or iain hume, he missed two sitters today, just hope he gets some goals towards his tally.

Bring on the Bristol!

Player
Morrisey
On SSN they were saying that TRFC have a real unit and are a presence. Greenacre took his goals well and I thought he recovered well for his 2nd. Ward's looked like it was meant to be a pass to Greenacre on the highlights. Sorry to spoil the party, but Miller (their 'keeper) touched it before it went in so it is an own goal.

Player
Morrisey
Should I say- Morris is the keeper and it SHOULD have been an own goal.

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
don't take away our fun. wards goal and thats how it shoud stay. even if their keeper did get a touch to the ball, its only if he knocked it in that it should be an own goal.

C

championship_here_we_come

its the fact that it was an indirect freekick which means if the kepper didnt touch it it doesnt count

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Think it'd be harsh to take it off Ward... even if they did it would always be his goal in our eyes. That win takesa bit of pressure off friday now. A draw against Bristol City wouldn't be a disaster.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Guess the keeper didn't think that quickly!!!:lol:

Come on then, who had a tenner on Ward to score the first goal???:lol: as white review sponsor his boots, we want a share of the winnings! Great goal! Those boots are magic aren't they:wink:

Good performance from the lads, lets hope they can keep it going for the rest of the season and if they can we have a real shot at promotion this time around.

Ronnie Ronnie Ronnie....

Player
Morrisey
I dont even think we need to contemplate a draw against City as they will be up there at the end of the season. Must win!

Ronnie...

S

Steve

Gavin Wards goal 100%

If some people think Wards goal was an own goal because their keeper got his hand to it, only trying to save it mind you, then Greenacres first goal would be down to an og because the keeper got his hand to that one aswell. I dont think so!!. Some people dont half talk crap. It was Wards goal 100%.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Well lads,

Just back from 3 days of Festival Music. Electric Picnic was fantastic and any of you guys that like your music, should consider coming to Ireland this weekend, next year. You won't regret it.

www.electricpicnic.ie

Anyway first thing this morning I mananged to get onto an internet kiosk and wow, was I impressed to see the scoreline from yesterday!! I was always confident we'd get another home win under our belts, but 3-0 was past my expectations. And Wardy put the first one in. I actually thought I had drank too much and I was dreaming that it had happened!!

It's also nice to see chris notch 2 up, I'm sure the last couple of games have been frustrating for him, but it's all finally coming good.

And today's 2 results in league one still leaves us in 2nd position.

Excellent =D>=D>=D>

J

Johnny King is God

That festival looks amazing!

Great win. And still 2nd!

As IAn says the attendance is a concern. I have a feeling the run of results will lead to a good turn out Friday when a win will really make the division sit up and take note.

With the benefit of hindsight - perhaps Ronnie's clearout had the effect of getting rid of the scars of last season. He really seems to have the lads ticking and all his new signings seem to be beginning to gel.

I have a strong feeling that Bristol City may get the hiding Ronnie has been warning about.

Ronnie Ronnie Ronnie

J

Johnny King is God

PS

A 4-0 win and the "We are top of the league, say we are top of the league"
=D>

Player
Morrisey
If some people think Wards goal was an own goal because their keeper got his hand to it, only trying to save it mind you, then Greenacres first goal would be down to an og because the keeper got his hand to that one aswell. I dont think so!!. Some people dont half talk crap. It was Wards goal 100%.

Well it isn't an own goal because the ref gave it as Ward's. However, it should have been an own goal as it was an indirect freekick and the keeper is the one who made the ball in play. Before the keeper touched it, Greenacre's shot was going to be a goal, so the keeper did not change the outcome of the shot.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Well it isn't an own goal because the ref gave it as Ward's. However, it should have been an own goal as it was an indirect freekick and the keeper is the one who made the ball in play. Before the keeper touched it, Greenacre's shot was going to be a goal, so the keeper did not change the outcome of the shot.

Do you know what? It doesn't really matter does it? At the end of the day we could debate this forever, it was still a goal that counted. We won the game, we're going to win again on Friday! Come On The Rovers!

PS. Who'd have thought after the horrific performances of last season we'd be debating if something was an OG or not, as opposed to not being able to push a football through a bottomless bucket at close range!!!!

I'm lovin' this season!!!!! And I can't wait for the 23rd of this month when we play Forest at home!!