• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere 0-1 Swansea

evo_trfc

Didn't go today and by the looks of it glad i didn't. Poor Crowd 6149.

Any opinions from the guys who went

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yep - not good enough at all!

The same old rubbish served up at home I'm afraid.
I thought both teams were about equal on the day. Neither side could find the killer pass and both teams couldn't finish. Very evenly matched, in what was quite a boring game.

In all fairness, the game opened up a lot in the second half, with Tranmere having the better chances, but yet again, we fail to take them and the opposition punish us.

We are simply a mid-table side, nothing more. At present, we are finding it difficult to score, that's one of the big concerns. Defensively, we are OK, yes we let one in today, but if the forwards/midfield had anything about them, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Greenacre is off the boil at the moment, Taylor will never really get you many goals, Zola is a hopeless mess and Curran isn't given the chance.

In midfield, we have McLaren who's hopeless in front of goal, same can be said of Jennings, and Shukes, although can do the occasional magic, wasn't in the game today at all. The loaness were OK. I was more impressed with Andrew Taylor than Myrie-Williams but that opinion may change on a match-to-match basis.

Three defeats at home in the league so far, not good stats at all. And they wonder why people stay away...

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Thank god November is over. 1 point from 4 games in the league, and ZERO goals. Here lies the problem. We cannot score for toffee. I don't in particular blame the strikers, Taylor and Greenacre up front today. They don't get good enough service, McLaren and Jennings aren't good enough imo. And Shukes is coming off an injury and doesn't look as effective as he should be.

The problems have been apparent all season though, and it is only now that we're failing time and time again that it comes to the attention of people. No creativity, no pace in the side, means we don't even look like breaking sides down, let alone actually doing it sucessfully. Curran could be a key player for us in this respect, 5 mins here and there is no good though Ronnie!

As for today's game, same old story really. Poor passing, poor set plays (do they actually work on these in training cos it is NOT apparent in games), and yet again poor finishing. Swansea are not a good side, I've not seen a good side yet this season in our league. The fact that we are struggling just goes to show our great inabilities and it is so frustrating. I don't think I can stand watching another season of football of this standard in this division, it's as depressing as the england situation!

As for the new loanees, Myrie-Williams was apparently ill, why play him if he wasn't 100%? Unfair to criticise him if this was the case, but wasn't the worst player. And Andy Taylor wasn't as good as he was at Donny but showed slight glimpses of his qualities today.

On the dark side, I think we're a mid table side at the moment and lacking confidence. On the plus side, I think most teams in this league look like mid table medriocrity, or in some cases worse, and if we got that confidence and belief back we can still challenge cos this league is PANTS. Despite the very poor form and lack of points taken, we're still only 7 points off top!

Come on Ronnie, sort them out! It's your job to get the best out of these boys, and I know that if we saw the best of them week in week out we can get out of this league! Come on ROVERS!!!

evo_trfc

November was always going to be a tough month we are playing imo better teams. Forest Oldham etc.

Yet i think out of the 6 in the top 6 i believe 5 will be there at the end of the season cos i cant see leyton orient lasting the pace

Player
Liam Palmer
Whatever we think of the performance, we still should have won. We had decent chances, they didn't.

It was difficult with the wind swirling around, and I was surprised how poor Swansea were. I expected more from them.

For Rovers I thought it was a better performance than Oldham, although nothing to rave about. Zola made a difference when he came on, Curren needs to be on the pitch for longer. The young left-back, Taylor, looks good: composed on the ball and able to get forward well.

Shuker continues to be on a nightmare run. He looked at best unfit and low on confidence, at worst disinterested. He should have been withdrawn earlier, it was like playing with 10 men.

Greenacre looks out-of-sorts and the partnership with Taylor is completely unproductive.

Lots of work for the players and management to do to rescue the situation which is deteriorating rapidly. let's hope we can at least get through the cup tie and get a good draw to lift spirits and look forward to.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
How depressing is it being a Rovers fan at the moment. After that good start it has all been undone this month. The only good thing to come out of the month was fa cup 2nd round place. Even in the game at Chesterfield we were poor though. We sounded poor on Saturday and I think we should shake it up with the strikers. I'd like to see Zola and Curran play at Bradford on saturday.

Lets hope December brings better form and luck.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
What makes me laugh is the Curran situation. We go 1-0 down with 10 minutes to go and look who comes on. Bit late Ronnie!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
November was always going to be a tough month we are playing imo better teams. Forest Oldham etc.

Yet i think out of the 6 in the top 6 i believe 5 will be there at the end of the season cos i cant see leyton orient lasting the pace
What concerns me is that we are due our annual xmas slump as well, which may see us drop further down the league.

It's inevitable, and almost bizzare the amount of people I heard saying the same thing when leaving the ground on Sat.

Player
Goodison
Oh dear, another pitiful lacklustre performance, centering on 90 minutes of hoof, I dont think I've ever been so bored at a Tranmere match.

Curran and Zola need to start - Greenacre doesnt look fit and hasnt scored in open play in like 10 games and although Taylors performances have been decent, winning headers etc - when he plays the team plays worse as they just resort to long ball. Shuker also looks completely off the pace so far this season and looks unfit. We are also allowing teams to play out of defence, Greenacre and Taylor hardly ever try and close defenders down, where as Zola and Curran both do.

However our problem lies not just with the hoof its the complete lack of off the ball movement, whenever a players got the ball, nobody makes a run, its even more apparent at set pieces where we all do are statue impersonations.

The other main problem is we have absolutely no pace, Greenacre and Taylor must be the slowest pair of strikers in the league. Mclaren and Jennings arent exactly sprinters either. If you've havent got pace, your not going to get behind defences and cause team problems. Zola has pace, but every time he sprints your praying his hamstring doesnt go!

Curran has a bit of pace as well and its about time he was given the chance to show what he can do - no more 10 minute cameos, 90 minutes and a good run in the team, he can't be worse than Greenacre is at the moment. Leaving Curran on the bench could be one of the biggest mistakes a Tranmere manager is recent history makes.

This season remindes me so much of Brian Little's last season, both teams lacked flair, played too much long ball, didnt score goals, we are also building a team based around loan signings again which just doesnt work. But at least back then Greenacre was scoring goals, at the moment nobody is, never mind playing like a mid table team - at the moment were playing like a relegation team.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Completely agree with the above apart from the first paragraph. I've seen much worse at PP over the years to be fair.. It wasn't a great game, but it wasn't the most boring I've seen, at least their was a goal in it! #-o:whistle:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Watching the highlights on tranmere world makes us look decent... but thats why they are called highlights. ;-)