• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere 0-1 Carlisle

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
We were absolutely dire in the first half and JLAA is a ****ing idiot, any other points made about this game are secondary in importance to those two things. Lots off huff and puff in the second half but too little too late.

We are very lucky results went our way, and Swindon are also losing as things stand.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Agree about Akpro. I thought the sending off incident (don't actually know what he did to be honest) summed up his whole day as he had not been in the game at all; talk about hero to zero in the space of two games.

With eleven men we would have gone in 0-0 at half time and won the game. In the second half we were the better side even with a man down which at least emphasises the spirit and quality we have this season.

You can't legislate for players being sent off, but there is a lesson to be learned about our generally poor first half showings against mediocre opposition; get two nil up at half time and then relax rather than relying on your second half displays every home game. We possibly have the slight excuse today that the enforced two-week break did not help us.

The real positive for me was the performance of Ash Taylor who was fantastic once again.

The Gods have smiled on us with today's results, but Akpro is now out for three games which makes the remaining February fixtures look more difficult.

DIW

Player
Goodison
Sonkorlys post was absolutely spot on. The ref was abysmal today in many ways but you couldn't argue he didn't get that decision right. RLC - Akpa basically kicked out at their lad, right in front on the ref, straight red card hands down. Completely stupid behaviour and it cost us the game. As Sonk said there was lots of huff and puff but not good enough overall. Pity because they were ***** and there for the taking. Luckily other results seem to be going for us, although Bournemouth look ominous right now.

On Ash Taylor - he had another excellent game and he is well on the way to being player of the season. I was reading a Brentford forum after the game the other week and they were describing him as the best CB they had seen at Griffin Park all season. Interesting but if he carries on this way I suspect he might be playing in the championship next season whatever happens.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
Went today ,to be honest i was shocked how we played!

It was just hoof ball all game ..Rubbish

Credit to carlisle they tried to play football

It came from the c/backs ...thats there remit to hoof it so...?

not going to watch this sh-t again ..!

2 weeks off and that is the best they can do..!

what was that song blue jeans etc ...means absolute boll--ks now !

Player
Manager
John King
We are very lucky results went our way, and Swindon are also losing as things stand.

Swindon have drawn which is not too bad, but they still have a game in hand.

Basically, we have to capitalise on the fixtures we have coming up against mid/lower-table sides, but are without our best striker. Do we rely on Stockton for those games or is it essential to bring someone in when the loan window reopens ?

If we don't get positive results from these games it could have a massive bearing on our final placing.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
Sonkorlys post was absolutely spot on. The ref was abysmal today in many ways but you couldn't argue he didn't get that decision right. RLC - Akpa basically kicked out at their lad, right in front on the ref, straight red card hands down. Completely stupid behaviour and it cost us the game. As Sonk said there was lots of huff and puff but not good enough overall. Pity because they were ***** and there for the taking. Luckily other results seem to be going for us, although Bournemouth look ominous right now.

On Ash Taylor - he had another excellent game and he is well on the way to being player of the season. I was reading a Brentford forum after the game the other week and they were describing him as the best CB they had seen at Griffin Park all season. Interesting but if he carries on this way I suspect he might be playing in the championship next season whatever happens.

the ref ...f/off !

Cluthing are we..!

M

Mal

Good grief, Amplesou , we have only lost 6 games this season which is good going. 1 bad game every so often is to be expected and they will play better next game. being a supporter means taking rough with smooth, and we have had quite a lot of smooth this season. Btw is that a 3 match ban fo Aggro Aggro?

DIW

Player
Goodison
That will be 3 matches for Akpro for violent conduct - he needs to get a grip, not sure what teh hell he was thinking.

Amplesou - the ref was poor. Inconsistent in numerous ways. Note however, if your tiny mind can cope with it, that I was not blaming our defeat on the ref, merely commenting on his performance. Thank **** you are not turning up at the next game.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
Good grief, Amplesou , we have only lost 6 games this season which is good going. 1 bad game every so often is to be expected and they will play better next game. being a supporter means taking rough with smooth, and we have had quite a lot of smooth this season. Btw is that a 3 match ban fo Aggro Aggro?

(we,ve been sh--t since September ..

get f/real!)

but yeah your right we have the odd ocassation like to day i admit that !

where,s that f/king cat!

don,t know how to spell occasion ..neither does F/king spell-check! oh!
](*,)

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
That will be 3 matches for Akpro for violent conduct - he needs to get a grip, not sure what teh hell he was thinking.

Amplesou - the ref was poor. Inconsistent in numerous ways. Note however, if your tiny mind can cope with it, that I was not blaming our defeat on the ref, merely commenting on his performance. Thank **** you are not turning up at the next game.

no i won,t turn up...maybe watch on sky!

how appropriate given the ball today was up there with the best of them!

I,m sorry DIW but ...loyal as you maybe ...but this was crap today!

I turned up after flying around the north west ( at my age) all morning..to watch this ..it was bs

maybe all the players where playing chess ? with there agents this week..and performed as well as there clients?

on automatic pilot where we ...yeah really good at that ?
:whistle:

M

Mal

We have quite a lot of injuries since september and still won and drawn enough games to stay top. Including a great performance at Brentford. Sure, I want Tranmere playing like Man U every week but it will not happen. Sonkorly , RLC etc., post logical 'condemnations' when appropriate but usually In a balanced way. And good news, Swindon only drew. Anyone going to Leyton Orient? Would be interesting to put faces to handles .....

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
Rm said /...

The Manager told Tranmere Player: "The first 45 minutes was unacceptable. We've spoken about tempo and turning them and for some reason in the first half we were kicking 60 and 70 yard balls which is not us. We pass, pass and then turn them.

60/70 yard balls

second half 59/69 yard balls !

Someone aint listening!!!!

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
We have quite a lot of injuries since september and still won and drawn enough games to stay top. Including a great performance at Brentford. Sure, I want Tranmere playing like Man U every week but it will not happen. Sonkorly , RLC etc., post logical 'condemnations' when appropriate but usually In a balanced way. And good news, Swindon only drew. Anyone going to Leyton Orient? Would be interesting to put faces to handles .....

Why do fans on here, always revert to histrionics for an excuse ?

What about now and the future...?

Who will go to ORIENT, well all the Southern expats i suppose !

other than that, just idiots form god knows where...

DIW

Player
Goodison
Ian can you do something about this so called 'fan'? What a muppet.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
What a wasted opportunity! I had a feeling the first half was going to be the usual low key affair we tend to see at home, but it was much worse than that.

I know we can't win every game but at least put the effort in. First half was dreadful and Akpo's red really put the icing on the cake. How can we play like we did against Brentford and then serve up this rubbish?!

Also, their goal wasn't due to the fact that we had a man down, it was down to poor defending. It took two of them and still they couldn't clear the ball.

Having said all that, the second half was much better and we were unlucky not to take anything from the game. I'm not so sure our goal was offside, it certainly didn't look it.

Referee was very poor indeed. Yes, he made the correct decision regarding Akpo, but his general performance was poor. I thought Loy and Miller were a disgrace. Falling to the ground at every opportunity. Naive refereeing.

Ultimately, the first half lost us the game and we need to pick ourselves up and get ready for a tricky game against Orient on Saturday. Results went our way, but imagine if we had won!

On a side note, I've had plenty of complaints regarding Amplesou which I've let go for months now but it's reached a point where I cannot deal with his incoherent postings anymore. He is no longer able to post here.

Player
Manager
John King
Also, their goal wasn't due to the fact that we had a man down, it was down to poor defending. It took two of them and still they couldn't clear the ball.

I think the lack of pressure on the ball when the cross came in was possibly due to the fact that we were a striker light, but yes, it was very poor defending.

The Orient game will be the first league match we have played without either Cassidy or Akpro which adds a bit of extra pressure to a game we really need to win. Just when you think we are going to have a virtually full squad to choose from........