• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere 0 - 1 Barnsley

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Same old same old. Diabolical tactics (what, there actually were some?), playing for a draw at home again, and this time playing for a draw got us a defeat at the hands of another rubbish team.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Tactics were terrible. We were all over the place. Very poor performace.

Bye bye play-offs. Hopefully Bye Bye Little but were asking for too much there. Sorry lads, the season is over.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I thought after Tuesday's shambles, Tranmere would at least put in a worthy performance. Boy, how I was wrong...

The last two games have to be the worst I've seen for some time. And as NBDH mentioned, against poor opposition.

There was nothing, absolutely nothing of any note to take from that game. The performance was awful. No life in it at all.

We can't go on like this.

Same old tactic. Boot the ball upfield. Get Facey to win it who then knocks it down to no-one, Barnsley pick up play again... That's it! Truely, that's about as good as it gets for these tactics. Surely the players are better than that. Surely the manager cannot continue to come out with this utter rubbish.

Nothing they did was good. Corners, free-kicks, throw-in's, goal kicks.. all utter rubbish. And what about play in the final third. Goes sideways then back to Jackson who boots it back upfield.

Poor opposition can actually get results (and have done) against a team like this.

What's the answer? Surely, we must get rid of Little. I'm not paying £16 to see lifeless performances like this (doh, too late #-o ). Shambles...

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
And he took off Aiston, our only player.

I was going to say only creative player, but I think the first one is closer to the truth.

Little is simply clueless.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Little has lost the plot. Hes stupid and tactics are letting the fans and team down and his formations as well are not much better. What a load a shit we were today

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Little just doesn't get it.

In his post match comments he's going on and on about needing help, being disappointed, and being unlucky. He's been saying the same things ever since he took the job, and it's annoying as hell.

The only new bit is that he's asking the fans to help the players not to boo them. THEY AREN'T BOOING THE PLAYERS, Little!!! They are booing YOU!!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah. You have to believe that the team is much better than what we've been seeing lately, well all season if truth be told.

There were a lot of calls for Little's head on Saturday..

Yes he's going down the blaming supporters route which is pretty desperate really. He has no other ideas.

And this comment, "I have looked at trying to get as many points as I can and trying to finish the season comfortably."

is simply laughable. The guy is afraid to take any kind of risk and is one of the most defensive managers I've ever seen!

Going back to the supporters thing. It really annoys me when managers come out with that dross.. I support my club by paying money at the turnstiles every week and it's just natural to get frustrated with performances like that. You simply cannot just sit there and not feel any emotion. We support the team, we love the team , we want to see them playing well. Want we dont want to see if lifeless performances.

I think he's got a cheek saying things like, "Criticism is obviously going to be there but at this moment in time we need to stick together. We need to see the season out, do good work in the summer and go for next season."

Someone needs to remind Little that he's the manager, that's his job and he's working with a bunch of professional players. Their not babies anymore. Jesus, you all get paid to do a job, so please do it! Part and parcel of football, taking the rough with the smooth. Under pressure though, Little aint the man.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
After yet another inept Tranmere display I'll simply say I won't renew my season ticket with Mr Little in charge! :evil:

Tuesday night was pathetic, but Rovers tried their level best to be worse! And I think succeeded! :oops: It was embarssing. No ideas, no creativity or invention, no drive from midfield, no quality or skill, simply diabolical!

I agree with NBDH (always a first time :wink: he he) Aiston was the only player, so of course he was taken off! :lol: You have to laugh else we'd all be in floods of tears i guess.

Barnsley were poor but miles better than us. The players looked disinterested for 99% of the time (thats being generous to them), whilst Mr Little stood their watching, occasionally clapping (god knows why cos there wasn't anything i saw worth clapping about) and doing very little to help the situation. This man must go! Or somebody should because this is simply not good enough.

We want Little out I say we want Little out! :twisted: ...

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Walking past the car park on the way home, fans were protesting against Little fair enough, they should then one sings "There's only one Ray Mathias!" LMAO! I told him to shut up. :D

little is the one needing help!get the fcuk out of our football club because you are damaging it from day to day!

you decide to release all our young players,or you don't give them a chance!you sign a whole load of rubbish - onoura,sumerbee,bruce,aiston,beresford,zola,goodison,theo(although you never gave the poor man a chance) and you insist on playing danny harrison(who wold'nt get in a sunday league team) in the most demanding position week in and week out!

also you're negative tactics don't win you friends!little you said in you're post-match comments that we have only lost 3 times in nineteen games,well can i ask you how many we have won?six,and that is very poor considering the opporsition!don't you realise that you're the culprit for our falling attendances?

"i want little out, i say i want little out" :evil:
little you have never been a good manager,and don't you realise you will never be a good one,so do us all a faver and do one! :evil: :evil: :evil:

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Ian said:
[quoting Brian Little] "Criticism is obviously going to be there but at this moment in time we need to stick together. We need to see the season out, do good work in the summer and go for next season."
SO that's the season written off then eh Brian?

OKAY SO PLAY THE YOUNG LADS. Play Linwood. Play Brown. Play Jennings. Play Tremarco. Play Davies.

Let's have some exciting football, some trying to find the best way to win instead of the best way to draw. Let's give the fans something to watch until the end of the season, AND something to look forward to for the next.

Don't pick anyone that won't be here next season (goalkeeper and right back obviously excepted). Don't pick Goodison. For the love of God don't pick Goodison.

But he won't. He'll much rather stick to what (very) little he knows and continue with the slow strangulation of the club, and the not so slow frustration of all its supporters.

you're right NBDH at least if he played the kids we know they'd have a go,and they would play some attractive football.and as you say it woud give us a better oppurtunity to get a good start next season.and get the players used to each other who are gunna be around!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Speaking of the young kids, I thought it was harsh on Tremacro to be left out after the game he's had. Much rather have him in the side than the likes of Goodison any day of the week..

The way things are now, we'll never improve. Next season. God, I dread to think about next season.. :cry:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
I think next season will be the same story. Roberts will go. I imagine hel lsell a couple of youngsters. We'll sign benchwarmers from League 2 and play for draws each match. IF we dont go down this eason I think its more likely nest season UNLESS!!! we get a new manager!

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Its time for a change but we will never ever go down to league 2 never ever I know so. We might be bad but we are not league 2 standard.

evo_trfc

lmao we loose 1 game our first in 2006 and every one is shouting for his head again. yes his tactics were negative but every time we loose every says he should be sacked. Last year we made the playoffs because of hume and taylor amongst others. but seriously was anyone actually expecting us to beat barnsley or challenge for promotion this season???

WE are not to bad to play league 2? Any one from 8th down are not safe. Notts forset were to good to go down! look waht happened

Player
Johnny Morrissey
What we do expect is some commitment and passion from the players, and the manager, and an attempt to win football matches!!!

Barnsley might be pushing for promotion but they were no where near a decent side, and imo we could have beaten them if the application had been right. Little is just annoying the hell outta everyone, the sooner he goes the better, else we're back to 2000 gates like when i started to go the games. :(

S

slawlane

I was shocked to see Brian attack the fans, and question our support towards the players because we've been non stop commited to supporting the team, but when players begin hoofing balls an completely ruining the tempo and possesion of the game, they are bound to get critisised. I can understand that players morale decreases when they're boo'd but its almost like being a child if your father shouts at you you dont do it again, but contrasting the players to the children an the fans as the father, they just never sieze to amaze by doing the same thing. Credit to players such as Roberts and Aiston who have continued to create something, and also Jason McAteer who tends to give us that extra push, however if he wasnt such a tampon 'In for a week, out for a month' then we would win games. I paid £90 for my season ticket Little n Rogers and I intend to voice my opinion. BRIAN AND ROGERS OUT AND TAKE GOODISON WITH YOU!

Oh an that made me laugh, when Brian said Dino hit a few balls when they bobbled, feck off ya geordie weirdo, they were firm on the floor an he just curved em all over the park. An he has the nerve to critisise us for not supporting Dino and jeering him when he hit the odd good ball, well considerin how theres a crowd of us down the bottom who chant 'Dino! Dino!' every time he collects the ball to which he replies and waves back. Made me chuckle when he said Dino wasnt happy being jeered this decreases players morale and they will think twice about coming back to Prenton Park, maybe if you used the money that Lorranie promised and sign him, he wouldnt have to think about leaving ya OAP!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Trust me to pick two of the worst games ever to see. Useless! Barnsley were awful too but thats not the point! The club will be hearing from me and I know there are more people who are going to be writing to the club. Even if it gets the anger out of my system it will be worthwhile writing to them. What a waste of money! I go to the match and pay my money expecting to be entertained for at least part of the match and not once was entertained by that shower of sh*t!!! As for Little... he's got some nerve coming out with those comments... I'd like to see him pay that money to be nothing but bored. I feel sorry for those who can go every week. I'm thinking myself lucky that I live too far away to go week in week out!!! Continue playing like that and we could easily be relegated!