• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Torquay match - Ground collection

Tranmere69

Player
Jeff Hughes
Hi all.I rarely post but this is IMPORTANT !
Ever heard of PRADER WILLI SYNDROME ?
Probably not.
I hadn't either until 3 years ago when my youngest grandson was born. William was so weak and poorly that he spent his first 3 weeks in hospital.
He was quickly diagnosed as having PWS.
We were told not to Google it but we did and were horrified by what we read.
What did we do ?
We decided that something needed doing and discovered THE FOUNDATION FOR PRADER WILLI RESEARCH (FPWR).
It's a small charity set up by a Bradford couple ,about 8 years ago.Their daughter is a PWS child and the charity has been growing slowly over the years.

Yes but what is PWS ?

It's a rare condition affecting about 1in 20,000 children.
One of the main symptoms is that having eaten the child ALWAYS FEELS HUNGRY.
Other symptoms include low muscle tone, autism,learning and behavioural problems to name a few.
I'm sure you get the picture.
There is CURRENTLY NO CURE.That is why RESEARCH IS VITAL for these children.So far,as a family ,we have raised over £8,000 but so much more is needed.
You'd like to help! Great ! How ?
After buying your EQUALISER ticket on Saturday look out for us with our BLUE BUCKETS and give what you can.
IT WILL BE PUT TO GOOD USE !
We'll probably be around the ground at half time too.
Hope to see you and we'd like to wish one and all a HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Looks like a really good cause. I will keep an eye out for the buckets on Saturday.