• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Ticket prices

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I was just reading on the official site how Ronnie thinks the supporters can play a major part in helping Rovers win as many of their remaining 11 games as possible.

That then got me thinking about the poor attendances lately and that getting just over 5000 for a home game isn't going to provide the support I think Ronnie is talking about.

So why don't they reduce admission prices for the remaining games. Get as many people in as possible to get behind the lads. Admittedly, Friday night games more often than not provide a good atmosphere, but an extra 1000 supporters can make a difference.

I don't recall Tranmere doing this for quite some time.
What does everyone think?

Last 5 home game attendances:

Averaging 5981 a match.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Absolutely. Ticket prices are a restricting factor for many, and while lowering the ticket prices would most likely reduce the overall amount of money coming in, at least some of that would be offset by increased sales of programmes, burgers, pies, hot dogs, drinks etc. And of course it's a longer term investment in the support base of the club.

There are a few issues that would need to be tackled, some season ticket holders might get their knickers in a twist over it - you know the ungrateful sorts who have forgotten how much of a huge discount they got by buying a season ticket in the first place...

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
agree with nbdh. if we lower the prices we will get the kids who are bored and love watching football coming to see us. these will in turn buy programs, burgers etc and we may not make what we usually would but we wouldnt be far off. also, if we incorporated this with 'FLAG DAY' then we might get even more. worth a thought.

M

Matthew The Rover

There are a few issues that would need to be tackled, some season ticket holders might get their knickers in a twist over it - you know the ungrateful sorts who have forgotten how much of a huge discount they got by buying a season ticket in the first place...

Any season ticket holder who thinks this is a living joke. They should be wanting what's best for the club and in any case, they get x amount of free games with their ticket anyway

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm not a season ticket holder, but maybe they could be kept onboard by some price incentives at either the play-offs or next season.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I noticed today that it costs less to watch Luton who are a division above us if you purchase a pre-match ticket! Is ?16 too much?

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Ian, look at the quality of football in this league... its rubbish. This is why people aren't paying to come and see us. Only the diehards like myself will keep on coming, the neutrals that might be attracted are attracted by good football on the whole and you don't get that much of that in this league. Thats my view anyway.