the world cup are you gonna watch

1 Aug 2017
Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
Belgium always were my tip as long as they could gel & it appears they’re now unified! I predicted pre-game it would be 2-2 after the 90 which it could have obviously been with the one legit pen call & save at the end. The powerhouses played In today’s quarters for sure!

24 Jul 2017
Player
tollitt
the club are looking at getting a big screen in front of the kop £2 to get in to cover the cost of the screen . go to nicolas twitter and support it it would be fantastic if we had a full kop in support they want 75% votes b4 they can do it i will be there think it would be great having a few beers with freinds .

Ian

Super White!
21 Sep 2005
Wirral
whitereview.co.uk
Player
Aldo
Yeah, I really did think we’d make the final. Croatia were good, much better than I thought they were going to be and they really started to get on top second half.

Fell short in the end but this World Cup has been fantastic. Loved every minute. I have some hope for England now and they should be proud of themselves getting to the semi.

1 Aug 2017
Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
Kudos to Southgate for taking us as far as he did. Exceeded expectation by utilising smoke & mirrors. I hoped but didn’t expect success tonight. Defence when put under pressure struggles & we were found out tonight with the lack of width by quality opposition because we have to over compensate defensively so play narrow. Think I mentioned previously we were overly reliant from set pieces which will win you games but not tournaments. Anywayz, we had our cup final on 12th May & I certainly wouldn’t swap it! I’ve watched England since the early 80’s so progression to this stage was a bonus!

15 Mar 2010
Birkenhead
Player
Jason Koumas
I think inexperience just caught up with us in the end. There was a sloppiness in the second half and errors started to creep in. Southgate still deserves huge credit as we had no right to even reach a semi final with such a young squad.

1 Aug 2017
Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
I guess it can be argued that we’re drawing talent mainly from the major forces of the prem so they should be up to the task. Pickford & Trippier outstanding!!

1 Aug 2017
Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
& the best team we beat world ranking wise? Columbia or Sweden? I actually don’t see much of a greater success in this World Cup as previous to be honest.

15 Mar 2010
Birkenhead
Player
Jason Koumas
& the best team we beat world ranking wise? Columbia or Sweden? I actually don’t see much of a greater success in this World Cup as previous to be honest.
That is nonsense. We have been knocked out in the past by teams poorer than the ones you mention and irrespective of the opposition, the improvement in our performances was obvious.

24 Jul 2017
Player
tollitt
they did us proud cant and wont have a go just gutted . but happy when you think of the teams that did not make the last 4 . they did great

1 Aug 2017
Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
Maybe I’m just a cynic having witnessed too many world cups, this being my tenth. I felt the lack of non set piece goals would be a problem this time around. I remember running home from school in ’82 to see us score in the first minute to beat France 3-1. The bar was set high from the outset I guess. The tournament whereby we got knocked out without losing a game or even losing on penalties!