the world cup are you gonna watch

5 Dec 2015
Wallasey
Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Be interesting to see how much business the tent and Aldo's get.
Panama game suddenly looks attractive - real ale in tent and after customary England collapse a re-run of play off final!

5 Dec 2015
Wallasey
Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Something good about watching England with a crowd.
But when did it end up with a result?
Yes, I suppose we should support our national team, difficult as that is.
I know you don't like the club over country argument Ian.
I don't give a monkeys now SWA done their bit but if England they get anywhere near semi finals I'll join the crowd.

15 Mar 2010
Birkenhead
Player
Jason Koumas
Did you watch England last night? They were decent albeit against a poor Costa Rica side. Not long to go now. Went a bit mad yesterday and bought air horn, flags for car, pint glass and 2 England shirts! o_O
A true patriot ! I did not see the game as I am on my hols but I think England have progressed well under Southgate.

29 Jul 2009
West Kirby
Player
Ian Muir
I think England are progressing quite well under Southgate he has got them playing some good football, looking forward to the world cup think will get to the quarter finals

24 Jul 2017
Player
tollitt
lucky for me im gonna be working for most of it . but looking forward to seeing the cricket against the aussies got are tickets . cant wait

15 Mar 2010
Birkenhead
Player
Jason Koumas
Great game between Spain and Portugal tonight, one of the best I have ever seen at the group stage. Ronaldo in this Portugal side reminds me of Maradona with Argentina. He gets results almost single handed for a fairly workmanlike team.

Last edited:

Ian

Super White!
21 Sep 2005
Wirral
whitereview.co.uk
Player
Aldo
Four games today but didn’t quite have the excitement of yesterday’s games. Lots of penalties and VAR being brought into action.

France weren’t particularly convincing against Australia. Argentina huffed and puffed against a stubborn Iceland side, Denmark beat Peru 1-0 but not sure how Peru didn’t score and the last game saw a poor Nigerian side lose 2-0 to Croatia.

Tie of that group should be the Argentina v Croatia match.

Onto Sunday and we have:

Costa Rica v Serbia
Germany v Mexico
Brazil v Switzerland

Let’s hope for a bit more excitement and goals tomorrow.

15 Mar 2010
Birkenhead
Player
Jason Koumas
Spot on Mart.

I thought we were excellent in the first half and laboured in the second. The first forty five minutes was the best England performance at a competition for years, as good as anything we have seen in the competition so far. However, I still think Southgate left the Ali / Loftus-Cheek substitution too late, which we might have paid for.

The goal celebrations were interesting. They suggest a real bond in the squad, similar to Rovers with Micky.