• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2018/19

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I thought perkins was a jay harris like for like but not taking anything away from jay perkins has been a class act, don,t know were he gets his energy from.
Perkins has been the best of the transfer window recruits to date and has improved the midfield since arriving. As I've said before, he's more of a Norburn replacement with his pass and move game, than a Harris one. Were it not for the fact they're both vertically challenged, Jay and David might even be capable of playing together in midfield in certain situations.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I am not sure I would compare Perkins to Norburn. I would say the latter is more in the Banks category; creative, but fairly inconsistent, and does not relish the physical side of the game.

I think Perkins is in a category of midfield player we have not had for a while. He is incredibly energetic and hardworking but also very good technically, not necessarily playing defence splitting passes, but constantly keeping the ball moving and rarely giving it away.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, put simply, he's a better version of Harris. He'll give you 100% every game and rarely loses the ball. He doesn't do anything spectacular but keeps the midfield ticking. For his age, I've been pleasantly surprised by his work rate and stamina and his quality on the ball is excellent. These are the types of players you really need to have in your team and I'm glad we have him.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I am not sure I would compare Perkins to Norburn. I would say the latter is more in the Banks category; creative, but fairly inconsistent, and does not relish the physical side of the game.

I think Perkins is in a category of midfield player we have not had for a while. He is incredibly energetic and hardworking but also very good technically, not necessarily playing defence splitting passes, but constantly keeping the ball moving and rarely giving it away.
Broadly agree with this. You're right to say Perkins is something different to what we've had in midfield in recent times.
Yes, put simply, he's a better version of Harris. He'll give you 100% every game and rarely loses the ball. He doesn't do anything spectacular but keeps the midfield ticking. For his age, I've been pleasantly surprised by his work rate and stamina and his quality on the ball is excellent. These are the types of players you really need to have in your team and I'm glad we have him.
Harris tends to carry the ball more and put in more tackles(not always wisely) than Perkins, who's game is based on swift passing movement and pressurising
ing opponents. Perkins is undoubtledly a better player, but not like for like imo.

Player
Manager
John King
Harris tends to carry the ball more and put in more tackles(not always wisely) than Perkins, who's game is based on swift passing movement and pressurising
ing opponents. Perkins is undoubtledly a better player, but not like for like imo.
Yes, I agree. Perkins is hardworking but he is not a conventional ball-winner like Harris.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Me too plus I have never been a fan of keepers being captains
I think that Scott Davies was a sensible short-term appointment as skipper, knows the club and the players well. Perkins was known to be vocal,but due to him being frozen out at Rochdale, there was uncertaintly as to how quickly he'd settle in at Rovers. Fortunately, he's hit the ground running and I'd be happy to see him with the captain's armband too.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I see that Miller has been made bankrupt. Bloke is not having much luck!
This puts a different slant on Ishmail's generous offer not to be paid while out injured. Anything he received would have gone straight to his creditors! Instead, effectively he will get a contract extension and will get to keep his wages once he starts playing again. Clever man. ;)

drwhoman

Is this completely correct BBTC? He will surely have to do a deal with his Trustee so he will have to pay his creditors something? Depends what assets he has I suppose. However, he will be able to keep enough to live on I imagine.

Player
Manager
John King
This puts a different slant on Ishmail's generous offer not to be paid while out injured. Anything he received would have gone straight to his creditors! Instead, effectively he will get a contract extension and will get to keep his wages once he starts playing again. Clever man. ;)
I think it depends exactly when the bankruptcy was served. I would not necessarily accuse Miller of being so cynical.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
On the one hand you've got us saving the outlay on his wages and on the other hand creditors being deprived monies owed to them, monies they might have received had we paid him. Bit of a moral dilemna.
He made the choice and we've reaped the benefit.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I could be wrong but I think tollits loan ends on 12th March and he’ll be back with us. It’s a shame for Ben as he’s loving it there and may miss out on a promotion woth wrexham whereas with us he may not even make the bench. Big game on BT sport on Saturday when they travel to orient.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
He'd be best staying there for the season. His confidence is building, he's playing well and enjoying his football.

Player
Manager
John King
He'd be best staying there for the season. His confidence is building, he's playing well and enjoying his football.
He can't unfortunately. It was not a half-season loan, so he has to come back in a couple of weeks.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
That's a shame. :thumbsdown: