• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2018/19

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Gutted about Miller, but I would not be tempted to bring Stockton back. I would rather make do with what we have.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
I was just wondering whether we might look for another replacement now that Miller is ruled out for a couple of months maybe?

Player
Manager
John King
Mellon said in his interview that he will bring a striker in if there is one available. However, I doubt that will be easy with only one week of the transfer window remaining.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
Seems a shame to have a wand of a left foot as described by a Grimsby fan without having a natural target man but maybe Nors will benefit. Seems he’s not a worker so Ridehalgh might not receive much support in a 442. We shall see.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Gutted about Miller, but I would not be tempted to bring Stockton back. I would rather make do with what we have.
At present that means Norwood with Mullin, thought to be too similar or Jennings just behind Norwood. Smith has played up front occasionally, but doubt he's the stamina to last a full game. Unless Pringle is deployed as a false no 9 or Micky comes up with an other innovative formation, then we're limited. Isn't an out of form striker in Stockton arguably better than nothing? The ideal would be getting a new striker in, but agree that's a fairly slim prospect so late into the window.

My impression was that Miller wasn't that strong in the air, but Norwood may benefit from quality crosses as MH suggests.

Player
Manager
John King
Isn't an out of form striker in Stockton arguably better than nothing? .
I think it is debatable. Yes, we can play slightly differently with Stockton up front, but he just does not have the quality.

The Mullin / Norwood partnership might improve with a better supply from midfield and the wide areas. Plus, the need for a link player to hold the ball and allow us to get up the pitch should decrease now we have got better footballers in midfield.

Player
aldo
well as we say its never easy being a trfc fan . we dont do easy . gota feel for miller . mullin might get the run he needs now

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
That’s really unfortunate news about Miller. But we do need a replacement in to bolster the forward line. It’s refreshing to hear we are still looking for new faces.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Yes noticed that, also notice neither Stockton nor Tollitt even made the bench today for Wrexham

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Looks like Carlisle have let the cat out of the bag there?
Now he does look like a coup if it's true.
Why would Pressley say that other than to keep his fans in the loop.
Interesting.

Player
Norwood
Christ! I misread that last name,!!!!!MV5BOTNiYjc3NWUtYzgwZS00MTEyLWEyNDUtNzQ1ODIzOTEwYWQyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_UY317_CR7...jpg

Attachments

• MV5BOTNiYjc3NWUtYzgwZS00MTEyLWEyNDUtNzQ1ODIzOTEwYWQyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_UY317_CR7...jpg
    MV5BOTNiYjc3NWUtYzgwZS00MTEyLWEyNDUtNzQ1ODIzOTEwYWQyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_UY317_CR7...jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 0

drwhoman

I may be completely wrong but this looks like another iffy one if there is any truth in the story.