• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2018/19

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Would assume there would be a fee involved if Monthe were to leave and we’d have to bring someone else in at the back. However unless he’s so unhappy up here, won’t stick the season out, it seems unlikely.

Harris is improving. While unlikely to be offered a contract extension, we were a bit short of midfield options until Perkins came in effectively as the late Norburn replacement, so a bit riskyto let go.

Looks like back to plan A with Norwood, keep until the season end then try and persuade to sign up sgain. Realistically that’s unlikely to happen.

With Norwood not extending and the mooted further signings not coming to fruition, it’s put a dampener on things after the good performance at Chelte

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The squad is still stronger than this time a week ago, so no need for negativity IMO. The only player I have been disappointed to lose is Cole, although I can see the reasons behind the decision. I still think there might be some further movement in the days ahead.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agreed as of now, the squad is stronger even with Cole’s departure. However all the current talk seems to be of players leaving. Maybe there’s a nice surprise pending incomer that’s gone under the radar

Player
aldo
thats the transfer window for you the sooner its gone the better . at the end of the day players come and go thats lower lg footie and we better get used to it again

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We are looking at the bigger picture here and as long as the strong is improving.. Currently we are stronger than we were at the start of the season, so I’m happy with that.

It will never be big strides, but small steps will see us improve gradually.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Now Akammadu has gone. This must be part of a clearout to release funds for something. But what, I don't know.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Seems strange MM bothered to play him against Stockport but he clearly hadn't impressed so good we weren't stuck with him for the whole season.

Player
aldo
cant say im suprised realy a waste of a wage and pointless having him to play a few reserve games . you would think one or two must be coming in as we look short on numbers if we start getting injiured or banned . but its good some of the passengers are being shipped out . so thats 7 players gone and 2 in mm and mp must have somthing going on .

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Ben Tollitt’s loan at Wrexham extended by a month. He gets regular sub appearances there, but don’t think he’s started for them yet.

Akammadu didn’t really seem anything more than a squad player to make up the numbers.

Who’s next out of the door...

drwhoman

The likes of Williams and Akammadu were probably cheap ‘punts’. If they succeed, great, but if not, not much lost. As others have said, will be interesting to see what happens now. Fantastic if more money is available to convince Norwood but would numbers still be a problem? We are half way through the season so maybe Mm thinks not. We seem to have cover for most positions other than a winger and goalie.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Now Akammadu has gone. This must be part of a clearout to release funds for something. But what, I don't know.
I don't necessarily think there are substantial funds available. A lot of the players who have left will have been on low wages and a player like Perkins won't have come cheap. I would not be surprised if the financial impact of the incomings and outgoings is pretty much neutral.

Last edited:

drwhoman

Fair comment RLC. The other thought is that if there is any spare cash then there might be a case for delaying until the summer when there will be more players available who are, hopefully. of the required standard.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
George Waring has just returned too by the looks of things. Seems he’s the one we’ve not managed to permanently offload despite our best attempts. If he goes I’d say our squad cleansing is pretty much sorted although I agree about Larnell reservations. Keen to see whether Ben gets more playing time this month at Wrexham, for the fact it’s just a one month extension hopefully suggests he’s still in MM’s future plans.

ADD

Player
Norwood
George Waring has just returned too by the looks of things. Seems he’s the one we’ve not managed to permanently offload despite our best attempts. If he goes I’d say our squad cleansing is pretty much sorted although I agree about Larnell reservations. Keen to see whether Ben gets more playing time this month at Wrexham, for the fact it’s just a one month extension hopefully suggests he’s still in MM’s future plans.
Well that's a disappointment Mungy, hoped he would have done enough there to have been signed at least for the rest of the season but if even a NLN side don't want to extend his loan then that sums it up really.
On related news let's hope Ben can push on now at Wrexham amd actually start games - indeed I wonder if the reason for the slight delay in him not been extended straight away was discussion on the lines of yes you can extend the loan but only if he is going to be a starter? After all, from our perspective the last month hasn't really been that successful given he has only been playing 15-20 minutes a game....

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Wherever he ends up the lad just needs game time. A good solid run without injuries to build up his confidence again.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Lincoln have signed Cian Bolger for a fee, a decent defender and loaned two players from Championship sides, one being the other Danny Rowe. Shows what we're up against financially.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Shows they mean business and the signing of Danny Rowe the winger is an excellent one as he’s a great player. A proper winger. Wouldn’t have surprised me if we were interested but he’ll be on decent money

rossb07

Player
Adam Buxton
Rowe was there last season and hit the ground running so no brainer for them to be interested again.

Lincoln is quite centrally located too so will attract 'Southerners' more than the likes of us would be able to.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Lincoln is geographically quite isolated. I suspect the money they can offer is more of an attraction!