• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2018/19

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Ryan Williams confirmed as gone too, no big surprise there.

I agree with BBTC, very good side if all the first choice are available, but might have to improvise or change formation if some key players aren’t available. Almost a given that Banks, Norwood and Perkins will be banned at some point.

On Cole, he had good ball control and was capable of doing the unexpected. He featured in two of our best home performances, wins v Crawley and Exeter. Talk of him going to Port Vale or Macc.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
A bit disappointed about Cole as our best performances of the season came when he played in the hole, in the games Boz mentions above. I would guess the problem was that unless we played that system which suited him perfectly, he could be pretty anonymous. Mellon probably wants more consistency and adaptability.

Last edited:
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
On Cole, he had good ball control and was capable of doing the unexpected. He featured in two of our best home performances, wins v Crawley and Exeter. Talk of him going to Port Vale or Macc.
He'll surely get a deal with some club in League Two - and probably come back to haunt us. :(

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Whilst Williams won’t have cost much, the likes of him and Akmanndu do seem a waste of a wage

Will be interesting when Cole and Williams end up. Warrington Town maybe?!
Not where Williams will end up, but i would be surprised if Cole didn't do better than Warrington. I think he should get a L2 club. I did like him in the "hole" role and i thinl he may have the potential to make L1 level at some stage.
It would be good to see at leadt one more signing.

Player
ian goodison
thought he was excellent against Exeter and hoped he would grasp the chance to establish himself but seemed a bit laid back. shame but we move on

drwhoman

A bit surprised about Cole but MM is not hanging around. Anyone remotely surplus is leaving. The Italian boy as well ? It may well be that we will see a winger signing probably on loan. Might depend on how long Smith will be out?

Player
aldo
yes good williams has gone wast of time now send Akmannadu packing as well . there must be one or two comming in you would think

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Drwhoman, Smith was on the bench at the weekend, so presumably fit again. I would still like to see another wide player coming in though

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Akammadu is playing for the reserves at Stockport Town tonight, so is going nowhere for the moment.

ADD

Player
Norwood
yes good williams has gone wast of time now send Akmannadu packing as well . there must be one or two comming in you would think
As RLC said he played against Stockport so going nowhere plus he is on a season long loan so we can't get rid even if we wanted to. Incidentally no first team squad members played in that game which I thought was slightly strange and Pilling also did not play. Thought MM may have wanted to see him in action in real game?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Any more speculation about Norwood? I've learned never to hold my breath when I hear a TRFC transfer rumour.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Hmm, it’s all gone a bit quiet although they do say no news is good news!

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Thankfully though Nors himself hasn't gone to ground - he's still happily tweeting away.
I suppose if he just doesn't go in the window then that itself is good news.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Also talk that Harris might be on the way.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Also talk that Harris might be on the way.

Wouldn’t be a surprise. With Perkins coming in and Gilmour signing permanently, Jays chances of first team action are limited.

At his age he’ll want to play every week and he might be released at the end of the season. Like Sutton he could easily get an 18 month deal somewhere. Maybe he’ll go back to Wrexham

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Any more speculation about Norwood? I've learned never to hold my breath when I hear a TRFC transfer rumour.

the person who told me he was signing and it was to be yesterday has said he has pulled out of signing, no reason given or any other information

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
the person who told me he was signing and it was to be yesterday has said he has pulled out of signing, no reason given or any other information

All rumours and hearsay but wouldn’t surprise me if someone has come in and offered him mega money compared to what he’s been on before.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I can't see him staying now. And I am wondering if Micky was waiting to see how much money he had left after Nors' new deal. If there is to be no new deal, hopefully he can now spend a bit more on a couple of decent players.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Also talk of Manny leaving for pastures new. All rumour of course..