• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2018/19

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
How long did Doidge have left on his contract, if he'd still got longer than a year, that would bump the price up. Looked a decent player on the little I've seen of him. Could his departure pitch Forest Green back into the strugglers group, after their half-decent start to the season?

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Even rich men with their play things obviously have a price!
Presumably Bolton's players have been paid up to date.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I find this move strange. Very few L2 players have ever raised over a million and I don't think he's the best in this division. For example, that makes Norwood and Cook worth over a million and explains why Micky struggled to replace Andy. Prolific goalscorers are rare at all levels. Nors will see this news and will surely see out his contract - unless Palios cashes in in January, which might happen if we are comfortably placed in midfield with little chance of going up or down. What also intrigues me is the timing. I can only assume that it was Dale Vince brinkmanship to get the best possible price. But it leaves FGR with a big hole and only a teenage loanee to fill it. But the money will keep the club afloat, whether they stay up or not.

I am now wondering whether something similar is happening with Franklyn Akammadu and he will be transferred to us in January.

drwhoman

To put it bluntly BBTC! Did Bolton sign the right player? (LOL!). Ridiculous. Still there is naught as queer as folk lad!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think Doidge is a very good player. Whether he is worth a million pounds I don't know, but valuations are ludicrous at the higher end of football, so maybe.

It would not surprise me if he did well at Bolton.

Player
Manager
John King
Ryan Williams signs until January. He is a winger, which suggests that MM is unhappy with our current wide options, something that was discussed on here earlier in the week.

It is difficult to know what to make of his career as he has been half way around the globe, but he has played at a decent level.

Last edited:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'm pleased about this as I think we need to freshen up in that area, at least it puts some pressure on the wide men to deliver.
Not sure what level hes was playing abroad in Brazil/States?

drwhoman

An interesting signing. Obviously another local looking for a game so may be a cheap option. The official site describes him as a midfielder?

drwhoman

The name sounded familiar and google reminded me that we had another Ryan Williams who played a few times in the mid 1990s. Hope this one has a greater positive impact!

Player
Manager
John King
I thought he was a winger rather than a central midfielder. Can anyone confirm ?

Either way, our final ball could do with improvement.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
That’s a really interesting interview RLC. Three things that grab my attention: Firstly his niaivety of life in Brazil, secondly his learned experience from this which has seemingly created a very laid back demeanour judging by his interview that could result in exuding a ‘man of the world’ calmness/confidence on the pitch. & finally, his adeptness in conversation about the advanced training techniques etc. I wonder if MM is open to such opinions from players? Maybe so bearing in mind he’s a futsal product which is obviously close to our hearts.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I could be wrong but I get the impression he’s an Andy Robinson type player. Can play wide but not a winger like say Tollit, but can play centrally too.

Whichever it is, we have an abundance of attacking midfielders and Micky is spoilt for choice. Some would have argued we’re more in need for players up top as Nors in my view is still missing a proper target man to play alongside.

You do wonder whether someone like Tollit will go out on loan as he may not even make the bench now.

So attacking midfielders we have:

Larnell Cole
Jennings
Tollit
DMH
Williams

Player
aldo
Williams can put a good ball in if yutub is eneything to go bye and he has been scoring a few as well . Think ben needs to get away from the club on loan and just play . Jennings i think it could be he is not abl to play in the wide roll now we are back in the league he looks lost there at The moment. Dmh not getting mutch game time . So can see why he's been brought in . Lets hope he can get going . And we need to see the Italian lad . All quiet on him i know he was injured but has to be playing soon one thinks

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Hopefully green can overcome his issues.

Not the cause but as an 18/19 year old he was earning over £100k a year. Madness