• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2018/19

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'd not really thought about it from the perspective that the commitment he puts in is so visible to the players behind him that it must almost shame them into additional efforts.

James Norwood is rapidly approaching Tranmere Legend status! Let's hope that he has another great season because he will be so important to us, irrespective of what happens with strike partners.
In my view, his three years of goals in the NL and his rapport with the fans put him in the frame, then his assist and winning goal at Wembley nailed it.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Just hope Nors can do the business in league 2 as it’s a step up for him. Plus he’s without his mate Cookie and you do wonder whether losing the big man could have a big impact on Nors.

Of course if he does start the season well and (I think), is out of contract at the end of this season, then we need to tie him down.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
If he gets the service, I see no reason why he won't score another hatful of goals.

M

Mal

Just hope Nors can do the business in league 2 as it’s a step up for him. Plus he’s without his mate Cookie and you do wonder whether losing the big man could have a big impact on Nors.

Of course if he does start the season well and (I think), is out of contract at the end of this season, then we need to tie him down.

In some ways, I think it is the other way round. How will Cook fare without Norwood? Wembley - Cook's goal made for him by Norwood's brilliance. Norwood got the winner courtesy of Jennings, not Cook. It is true that on occasion, Cook scored excellent individual goals but he was not scoring freely within most of the first 15 games of the season (and he did play quite a few of those.). Time will tell, either way. I hope they both do really well.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Good point Mal. Surprised Keates didn’t try and take Nors too

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
In my view, his three years of goals in the NL and his rapport with the fans put him in the frame, then his assist and winning goal at Wembley nailed it.
I agree completely. I still think Cook is a better natural finisher, but with his attitude and all round play Norwood was my favourite player from our three years in the NL.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
If a new striker does arrive in the next couple of days, presume they'll start on the bench rather than going straight into the first team. Unless it's Messi or Peter Crouch.

drwhoman

It is really quite sad that it has come to this. It must be so hard to find a decent striker we can afford. It must be close to two months since we lost Cook.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
If a new striker does arrive in the next couple of days, presume they'll start on the bench rather than going straight into the first team. Unless it's Messi or Peter Crouch.
Yeah, that would be the sensible option. To be fair, Mullin and Norwood might be quite a handful up top.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I must admit, sadness is the furthest thought from my mind at this moment.

We are about to play our first Football League game for three years. I can't wait for Saturday.

Player
aldo
Wow what the Carlisle fans are saying about cole . Lasy . Dont look like he is gonna score . We will drive him there if we get a fee its a bonus. Cant wait to get rid wow they dont like him. . If he does come home . Hope he gets his finger out of his ars and gets going we dont need passengers

drwhoman

I would like to agree with you Ian but I am not sure Mullin is a striker. I hope he proves me wrong!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Stockton has generally come across as aloof, doesn’t wear his heart on his sleeve and there’s not been much rapport with the SWA during his previous time with the club. That said, if he’s able to perform to the standard of his last 6 months at the club, it wouldn’t matter. If he is coming home, surprised the deal’s not been sealed by now.

Haven’t seen Mullin in action yet, but get the impression he’s a similar type of striker to Norwood, who, like Nors at Forest Green, ended up playing out wide at his last club.

Nervous best describes how I’m feeling as the new season approaches. We haven’t had an ideal pre-season on or off the park, even though the friendlies are viewed by the manager mainly to build up fitness. Need to see the side holding their own back in L2 for reassurance.

drwhoman

I am a bit like you Boz. I am hopeful but you wonder where the goals will come from. None of the team other than Norwood have a history of being prolific. I am hopeful that Smith and Tollitt might be able to step up if another decent striker is not signed. I read the review of the young Italian trialist guy and it did not excite me but who knows! He might set League Two on fire!

Player
aldo
real looking forward to it now only 2 days to go im like a child in a sweet shop . cant stop smiling .feel like a scot running across a field with my arms out wide . then getting hit by the steam train Norburn hahahaha still love it

joe

I am sorry I am with the Carlisle supporters on this. He is everything they say. Other teams can see that he is clueless. I deliberately watched him over a few matches and I could see nothing there. A terrible backward step if he was to return.

Reactions: Ian

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Stockton has been released by Carlisle by mutual consent. Surely he’s signing for us?