• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2018/19

Player
aldo
with a top half budget if palios stays true to his word . you would be disappointed if we where fighting to stay up . at the end of the day we have to wait and see who comes in and who stays

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
To be fair we had a top half budget in the conference but took us 3 years. I’d be happy with a respectable campaign next season. With the changes we are going to make to the squad, it may take a while for it to gel.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think we will have a top third budget again, so I would not expect a relegation battle unless something goes seriously wrong. I think a lot depends on whether we keep Cook and whether we find an adequate replacement if he leaves.

Personally, I am just happy to see a better standard of football and visit some decent grounds at this stage. It would be fantastic if we could rocket up the leagues, but I don't want the club to be put under too much pressure, too early.

Reactions: Ian

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
MP has said we'll have a top third budget.
His rational thinking is that such a budget, proportionally, should equate to a play off spot.
The mind of an accountant!
This isn't some time pot club venturing into the big time.
It's Tranmere Rovers waking up after a five season hangover and getting back to work.
We're in better shape than the season we dropped from L1 and we can follow in footsteps of Brizzle R.
Think I must still be at Wembley!!!

joe

Agree with the above. A fit Wallace is a good player. Micky is not daft and will see how it goes. Up to Wallace to stay fit and avoid injury.

Player
aldo
no news on cookie . so we dont know yet hope we can sort somthing out . . if not just get KANE IN . lol

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Rumours that Mark Ellis is due to sign on Monday

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Don’t remember that much about him tbh. Carlisle fans generally positive, though at his best when played alongside someone who’ll take the lead in organising the defence. If he signs, we’ll be relatively well-equipped with potential central defenders, 3 already signed up.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
He hasn't played much for Carlisle. His contract ended and was offered new terms but has clearly decided to move on. I wonder why he prefers us to Carlisle, but it's positive.

I wonder if we'll sign Manny Monthe too. We'd then have an established partnership from their FGR days.

Player
aldo
looking at what there fans are saying the players are like rats leaving a sinking ship . no manager all there best players gone or leaving . season tickets sales down and they hate there owner . so could be one or two good reasons there. if he does come then welcome to the white roller coaster

joe

Why oh why is the useless lump Stockton mentioned. An average player at best. There is no way he should return.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Why oh why is the useless lump Stockton mentioned. An average player at best. There is no way he should return.
Completely agree Joe. People seem to forget the years and years of mediocrity from this man. Short term memories from some who only seem to remember the last few months before he left for 'better things'.

Player
Manager
John King
Completely agree Joe. People seem to forget the years and years of mediocrity from this man. Short term memories from some who only seem to remember the last few months before he left for 'better things'.
The only time he performed for us was when he was putting himself in the shop window to force a move away !

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Slightly harsh I think. He did well at morecambe in league 2 not that long ago and was very good for us the season before last.

Player
Manager
John King
Perhaps, but I would not want him back. He only performed in that final year when his contract was up, and he was here five years in total.

You can make the argument that he was inexperienced and worked under poor managers, but the same was true of Power and Holmes, who showed a much better attitude than him. His time at Carlisle has not been a success.

Player
aldo
have to say i agree cole did ok in his last season . but should not come back . we need fresh talent who want to play for a great club . we need fire and passion and good players

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Is there anything concrete to suggest Stockton is on his way back to Rovers, or is this just a paper tiger?

While he wouldn't be my choice, currently he's got more league goals to his name than Cook or Norwood. I'm not saying he's a better player than either, but in terms of experience of the FL, his is greater. A high maintenance player, but he did deliver for Micky, Jim Bentley at Morecambe, even Rob Edwards to an extent. Could be a better option to have on the bench than Alabi or Waring...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Could be a better option to have on the bench than Alabi or Waring...
That's not a great benchmark Boz. My Nan would be a better option than Alabi! We have to move on as a club.

Player
Manager
John King
While he wouldn't be my choice, currently he's got more league goals to his name than Cook or Norwood. I'm not saying he's a better player than either, but in terms of experience of the FL, his is greater. ..
If we are looking for a striker with Football League experience, there are plenty of options other than Cole Stockton.

I don't think he is coming here anyway.