• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2018/19

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Certainly disappointing but perhaps predictable given past issues with the manager and the prospect of further achievement at a higher level. His choice of club does seem strange and he may well find it a struggle given Keates reputation for defensive stategy. Having said all of that I wish him well and thank him for helping Rovers achieve promotion back to the EFL. I think I would be more upset if we were to lose James Norwood who I think has more to offer with his work rate and never say die attitude.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It will be interesting to see how he gets on at that level.

GVLEI2BB2JGQPC2GKPHBDFRQ2I.jpg

he looks as happy as Ellis did yesterday!

drwhoman

Disappointing but predictable. Must be money related surely. I am not convinced that he will succeed in L1 but best of luck to him.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The one positive is that Cook has left very early in the transfer window, not at the end of August, which at least gives us some time to find a replacement. Whether Micky's judgement will be better than last summer only time will tell, but at least we are not scrabbling around for somebody at the last minute.

I still think he would have been better off staying with us and continuing his partnership with Nors, but realistically it is probably his last chance for a pay day two divisions above. His performances for us were rarely less than brilliant and he is the major reason why we are now back in the Football League. Good luck to him.

Last edited:

drwhoman

Agree re Cook. I hope he is not out on loan in six months! A question. Is the transfer window still end of August for L2? It is now around 9th August for the Premier League?

Player
aldo
yes think its 9 aug for all teams . . hope micky does get better players than last season . cant be worse than last year . if you take waring and alibi out of things we just got nors . so realy we need two or 3 attackers . think the back line is sorted could mey be do with some younger blood in there . we need some steel and goals from midfield

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
A reminder of Micky's transfer activity since he joined us: Adam Buxton, Jay McEveley, Adam Dawson, James Wallace, Jack Dunn, Elliot Rokka, Oliver Norburn, Devarn Green, Darnell Cole, Drissa Traore, Andy Mangan, George Waring and James Alabi. Out of thirteen signings (excluding loans), only two have made a significant impact on our promotion campaign. Possibly three, if you include Cole's goal against Ebbsfleet. We might get something from Wallace next season if he returns to fitness, but the others have already been released or loaned out for most of last season.

That's the one thing I think Micky and the club itself has to address if we are to have an impact next season. If our recruitment is as bad as last summer's, we will struggle. I think we need at least six more players, possibly more if the likes of Clarke and Pilling leave.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, we certainly need to be more frugal with the signings. I think in the conference, the attitude was get as many players as we can to cover all positions so we don't find ourselves short. It was almost that desperation to go OTT to make sure we got out of that league.

There were certainly some very poor signings.

drwhoman

You would hope that MM would have a choice of better players this time round but time will tell! Ellis seems a positive start.

Player
aldo
looks like banks is gonna join today . so the the word on the street is . if so thats one good signing . but we need more steel in midfield

M

Mal

A reminder of Micky's transfer activity since he joined us: Adam Buxton, Jay McEveley, Adam Dawson, James Wallace, Jack Dunn, Elliot Rokka, Oliver Norburn, Devarn Green, Darnell Cole, Drissa Traore, Andy Mangan, George Waring and James Alabi. Out of thirteen signings (excluding loans), only two have made a significant impact on our promotion campaign. Possibly three, if you include Cole's goal against Ebbsfleet. We might get something from Wallace next season if he returns to fitness, but the others have already been released or loaned out for most of last season.

That's the one thing I think Micky and the club itself has to address if we are to have an impact next season. If our recruitment is as bad as last summer's, we will struggle. I think we need at least six more players, possibly more if the likes of Clarke and Pilling leave.

As I understand the rules we have to have one 'home grown' player named on team sheet every game. Apart from Clarke and Pilling, who is ready

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Kristian Dennis available from Chesterfield. Scored a few in a relegated team. Should we be setting our sights higher? Thoughts?

joe

Lot of criticism against Micky for bad signings however he got us promoted didn't he?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
As I understand the rules we have to have one 'home grown' player named on team sheet every game. Apart from Clarke and Pilling, who is ready
If it can include subs, we are now allowed 7 players on the bench, which increases possibilities. We can get round this simply by sitting a young pro there for experience, although I'd rather we had at least two or three graduates from the academy.