• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2018/19

Player
ian goodison
someone suggested on 1 of the threads tollet could be loaned out, maybe a spell away may take any pressure off him seems to be trying to hard at the minute

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Can DMH or Caprice play on the left? While we know Dylan’s a decent player, still unsure that his arrival addresses the main gaps in the squad. On balance I would give Tollitt more time before loaning him out, but will he get the opportunities now?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I think the issue is whether Micky sticks with 4-4-2. If he does he has Tollit, Larnell Cole, Jonny Smith, CJ and now DMH as wide options I.e 2 places between 5 players.

CJ is usually guaranteed a place so realistically it’s one place from the four players.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes CJ could play behind Nors in a 4-4-1-1 which may be worth a try, especially when away from home. Don’t forget Nors did pretty well in his first season with us when up front on his own.

After the DMH rumour provided to be true, we’re linked with bury striker Chris Sang. Not that exciting though - a 19 year old with barely any experience and not good enough for bury at the moment.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think the issue is whether Micky sticks with 4-4-2. If he does he has Tollit, Larnell Cole, Jonny Smith, CJ and now DMH as wide options I.e 2 places between 5 players.

CJ is usually guaranteed a place so realistically it’s one place from the four players.
While we seem to have a lot of wide options, I think Smith is the only reliable winger of the four players you mention. Jennings and Cole are both played out of position when they are used wide, and Tollitt is not reliable at the moment. As a result, I think Micky wanted more support for Smith, who tends to tire early in games and is at risk of getting an injury if he plays ninety minutes of every game. I think it also a case of bringing in a good player when he is available, as very often they are not available, as we found out in the summer.

Like Sparky, I also wonder if we will go 4411 at some point. With that system we could keep all our best attacking players on the pitch, without playing any of them out of position, and neither Stockton or Mullin have really done enough so far to justify a starting place.

Player
aldo
realy happy dmh is back . but does ben t go out on loan if i was mm yes get him to a non lg club and get him playing . he needs a boost . look at connor it worked with him looking forward to seeing motley on sat yes im going and theres loads going as well . lets have fun lets win and have a party

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I would seriously consider shipping Tollitt out on loan. I think he needs games and a good run to get his confidence back. I don't think we can afford to be carrying players and whilst we are excellent in some areas, we are weak in others. Not sure how we solve the issue with finding Norwood a decent partner upfront, but I think for now, we should give Mullin a go. That would give us a bit more mobility up front and may cause problems. The need for a big, strong centre forward might not be as essential in this league for which Stockton is not one anyway.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Think we have to be cautious of expecting too much from DMH. Barely featured in his loan spell at Chesterfield (injured?) and wasn’t on the bench for Barnsley League Cup game. He’s relatively untried at FL level, despite his undoubted potential.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Agree boz. From what I remember he did impress at times but was a bit raw so can’t expect too much of him.

Especially in any wing back role where he did ok but he’s an out and out winger really

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Well hindsight is a wonderful thing but with Norburn left we were a bit light in centre mid and with Harris missing 3 games we’ll be relying on Gilmour and Banks. MM will want to keep CJ in an advanced role as he set up another goal today.

Player
Manager
John King
Luke McCullough signs on loan from Doncaster until 2nd January. He is a defensive midfielder and has a decent pedigree, with a number of games in the Championship and League One. However, he also has a chequered injury record.

He is clearly a replacement for Harris, although we must have been monitoring him for some time. On paper, this looks a very good signing.

As harsh as it sounds, Harris could struggle to get back in the team until Christmas now, and he can only really blame himself.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Fleetwood have signed another left back today so you wonder what is going on with Eddie Clarke these days

Player
Manager
John King
Fleetwood have signed another left back today so you wonder what is going on with Eddie Clarke these days
It was always a strange move, as Barton can't be a great role model. I think he has been very poorly advised.

I notice that Alabi is yet to score for Orient and is now warming the bench.