• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2017/18

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
That's who:
'Tranmere Rovers have signed winger Elliot Rokka from Radcliffe Borough on a one-year contract.

The 21-year-old began his career in the Manchester United academy before moving to Macclesfield Town in 2013.

Rokka went on to join Radcliffe, where he scored 16 goals for the Northern Premier League Division One North side in the 2016-17 season."

So, a real opportunity for him to resurrect his career after plummeting ro tier 8 after failing to impress at Macc. Clearly, he has just had a great season, so let's hope Micky eases him in gently.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Only rumours but some suggestions that Tollit may not be available until Oct-Dec in which case it makes sense to bring in another winger.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Only rumours but some suggestions that Tollit may not be available until Oct-Dec in which case it makes sense to bring in another winger.
Really bad for him, the club and the fans. Rokka may get a lot of game time. If Micky sticks to 4-4-2, i expect Norwood, Kirby and even Ridehalgh may play occasionally as wide men.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Thought I'd read of a former Reading winger who'd impressed. Think we've a triallist on the bench tonight, who might be the same guy.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
On Radio Merseyside tonight Palios said we have one further, major signing to make, presumably a centre back. Micky is otherwise happy with the squad.

He said that Gumbs and Duggan will be expected to step up to first team squad roles this season, which quashes any suggestion that we won't give opportunities to youngsters.

He again emphasised the versatility the squad gives us, with the capability to play several different systems.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
If Ben Tollit's unlikely to feature for 3 months+ there is an argument for getting another wide player in as well. Though I would agree another defender is the most needed addition to the squad.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I would agree that the major signing will be a centre half, the trilaist nan owusu can play right back and right wing, if he impresses he may get a 1 yer deal

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It's hard to form a conclusion about a player from seeing so little of him in action. Think he had a cameo for the Liverpool game too?

Gather George Waring's been injured so far, which isn't the ideal start to his Rovers career.

Player
Manager
John King
Sorry, misunderstood Mart's original post. He was still very poor, did not contribute anything. He looked slightly better when he came on up front against Liverpool.

Player
Manager
John King
I see Maynard scored for Salford yesterday in a 2-1 win against FC United. Goalscoring was a side of his game we did not really see at PP.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Maynard chipped in with a few goals, but hardly prolific. However the same could be said for Hughes, Wallace even Harris to an extent.

Player
Manager
John King
Maynard came here with a reputation as a goalscorer, however, which the others did not.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Maynard had one very prolific season for Halifax before joining us, but unsure any reputation as a regular goal scorer was entirely merited. Don't know if he was played mainly in midfield during his Halifax career, we used him defensively sometimes.

Excluding Connor Jennings, our current midfield don't trouble the scoreboard that often. We'll have to hope that the strikers on our books fulfil their primary function.

Player
Manager
John King
It depends whether you class Connor Jennings as a midfielder: his goalscoring record is excellent.

I don't think there is any doubt that our strikers will score goals.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
think last season Maynard only scored 1 goal which is poor to say the least