• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2017/18

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Haha, dancing round the maypole?

drwhoman

MM was adamant in his post match interview that no deal had been done. He seemed a little frustrated with it all.

Player
aldo
Well alibi is not goin to ebbsfleet now . Wat a joke there manager has said its over the who's to blame big questions to answer wages wasted again .

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Micky now expects Alabi to stay at Dover until the end of the season. Waring joined Kiddie as he wants to play football. Devarn Green on loan at Warrington has picked up a hamstring injury. Micky reiterates that Eddie has not been sold !

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
See Waring scored midweek.
We haven't seen enough of him to express an opinion but he's found the net for Halifax and Kiddy.
Keep giving him game time!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yep. His header midweek was an absolute bullet from a cross by a certain Lee Vaughan..

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Back to the rumour mill! Rovers being linked with a loan move for ex Shrews centre half Mark Ellis, I remember being impressed with him when we lost at home to Forest Green in the league last season when we were excellent but couldn't score. He then played at Wembley against us too. He's seemingly out of favour at Carlisle and has been on loan at Orient this season. He's featured very little this season for the cumbrians due to the form of a certain Clint Hill

In my view a decent player at our level but we do have decent cover at centre half with Big Mac, Sutton, Gumbs and the dreaded McEveley. Rides can play there too at a push. I guess its possible Evan may go out on loan again and Mickey has no faith in Jay so may make sense to bolster the squad for the run in.

As I say though......only a rumour!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I’m more surprised that Clint Hill is still playing ! :eek:

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Larnell Cole signs until the end of the season.

He clearly has talent but we’ve not really seen it yet apart from glimpses. Then he picked up an injury and for a minute I thought we’d given him an 18 month deal. Gives him the chance to prove himself for a deal for next season.

Both Wallace and Tollit played 60mins of the game v Bury today and apparently were fine. Hopefully we’ll see at least Ben in the squad for Saturday.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Ellis is decent, though not particularly fast, but not sure defence a priority. We've got Buxton, Gumbs and Ridehalgh as cover in central defence. Compare with up-front, where if Cook or Norwood are out (and with this pair suspension always possible) we've only got an out of form Mangan or lacking match-fitness Kirby.

No issue with an extension to Cole's deal, a good impact player but not a winger.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Cole seems to divide opinion among our supporters but I really like him. He is not physical and does not have a particularly great workrate but he is skillful and can score a goal. Some people are prejudiced against him because he is not as dynamic as DMH, but he is not that kind of player.

Regarding Ellis, I think he is an excellent player but as Boz says, you can question whether signing him would be the best use of our money.

drwhoman

Pleased to see that Tollit came through the friendly unscathed. In the absence of comment I assume Wallace did too.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Obviously we don’t want to rush them but this could be a nice boost in the run in to have these players available.

tyke

Player
Geenacre
Mottley-Henry loaned from Barnsley to Chesterfield for the rest of the season. I wonder if he'd rather be at Tranmere than in a L2 relegation dogfight.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
See DMH has been loaned to Chesterfield for the rest of the season. Have to wonder if it will be better for a players development being loaned out to a side struggling at the bottom of L2 or one near the top of the NL. It may be that we didn’t want Dylan back with Tollitt hopefully returning and Ginnelly on board.

Doesn’t look like we’ll be getting Giroud on loan, though he’d be good cover for Andy Cook :)