The Squad for 2017/18

15 Mar 2010
Birkenhead
Player
Jason Koumas
Interesting that some of the Lincoln fans rate Ginnelly more highly than Jordan Maguire-Drew, who they also have on their books. Maguire-Drew was one of the best players in the NL last season.

Boz

30 Sep 2005
Huddersfield
Player
Iain Hume
It will be interesting to see if he starts tomorrow.
Would you start him tomorrow?

While I always think it’s a risky strategy sticking a new defender/keeper straight in the starting xi, perhaps less so with a midfielder or forward. If it were a home game, think he’d definitely go straight in. Unsure about what’s best.

Boz

30 Sep 2005
Huddersfield
Player
Iain Hume
It seems that George Waring has been recalled from Halifax, presumably as back up for Cook. Probably the right decision.
While Cook can be frustrating when he disappears in games, still the best striker we have. Hopefully Micky has realised this after his errors of judgement early in the season and Waring will be used as back-up.

Mal

supporting a league 2 team! (I knew, I knew)
6 Jul 2009
At the moment both Norwood and Cook have 10 goals , so in terms of strikers, they are as good as each other as far as scoring goes.

Mal

supporting a league 2 team! (I knew, I knew)
6 Jul 2009

You wonder how delighted he actually is to be playing in the National League. Having said that, let's hope the results pick up again.
Presumably he respects MM, given that MM gave him a first team chance when he was 17?

8 Sep 2009
Player
Chris Greenacre
Cook rumours circulating on-line again saying that Bradford have made a bid of £75k. Hope this isn't true.

Boz

30 Sep 2005
Huddersfield
Player
Iain Hume
How much is getting back in the FL worth to us, would reckon more than £75k. If Cook goes, we don’t have the firepower to cover him and wouldn’t get anyone near his calibre to replace him. However, do think Cook would want to go and he’s adept at laying low when the mood takes him, so not as easy a decision as it first looks.

8 Sep 2009
Player
Chris Greenacre
Couldn’t blame Cook if he wanted to go to a decent league one side. He’d be on a decent wage there and I think Bradford were challenging for a play off place recently.

Plus he’s been harshly treated by the manager in his time with us, and a few fans too. His record is fantastic.

He’d be good competition for Charlie Wyke who is a good target man and has scored a few for the bantems.

We’d be in deep trouble without him unless we brought in someone like Danny Rowe as a replacement but he wouldn’t be cheap.

5 Dec 2015
Wallasey
Player
Bobby Hutchinson
We'd almost certainly have to use his fee and likely more to get anyone close to a suitable replacement. At this stage Cookie doesn't have a say and hopefully the club will reject all offers.
As Boz suggests, if we keep him and go up then missing out on £75k now is neither here nor there.

24 Jul 2017
Player
tollitt
with clarks transfer supposed to be done on monday . will be a bad month if cookie goes to . we are gonna have to get players in clark will be loaned back .