• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2017/18

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
On the irish twitter page,. Says the club have agreed to sign him . But if right cant do it till jan . I think . He is out of contract . Has been on trial 2 . As i said that's all I know
Transfer window does not apply to out of contract players or to those joining NL clubs.

Player
aldo
Ya i know . Just wat i heard . Could be a little gem. Always remember some of the irish boys who we had in the past . Aldo . An o brian being some

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
You don't mean Billy Woods do you ?!

Micky has confirmed he is training with us and if he signs will go into the development squad, i.e. not first team.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I don’t know why he’s so out of favour, scored more than McDonagh with about the same amount of match time. Hopefully he will re-discover some form and at least Fylde don’t look like promotion contenders this season.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I don’t think his performances have been great from what I’ve seem this season.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Mangan and Danny Rowe up front could be a decent front 2 for Fylde. Ex Lincoln man Muldoon was sent off last week so that will have contributed.

I've said before I've always been a fan of Mangy and still think he could score at this level if played up front regularly in a 4-4-2 alongside a big man. Most of his appearances for us in recent months have been bits and pieces coming off the bench or played out wide, so no surprise he's made the move

Rokka apparently joining Warrington on loan, but Gumbs coming back.

Its amazing with our injuries that we have Alabi, Mangan and now Rokka out on loan. Appreciate none of them are centre mids but all the same.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
I don’t think his performances have been great from what I’ve seem this season.

Having said that, he hasn't been involved for some time since we started to turn things round.
Don't think he was any worse than the others when he was making the squad and certainly no worse than others we've sent out on loan.
See Gumbs has been recalled.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I would not be surprised to see Gumbs partnering Cole in a reshaped midfield on Saturday. Or he could simply replace McEveley in a back five.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would not be surprised to see Gumbs partnering Cole in a reshaped midfield on Saturday. Or he could simply replace McEveley in a back five.
I agree bbtc. Mangan was poor for virtually all of last season as well, even when he had an extended run in the team, so I think we are probably right to send him out for games.

drwhoman

re Sparky's comments - some of it is the summer recruitment which was mixed. I have been slightly surprised by Mangan's lack of goals notwithstanding his lack of a regular start. A decent goalscorer throughout his career. He is only 31 but maybe time is catching up with him.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Assuming Waring returns soon, that means we have 3 strikers with Cook and McDonough, whose game style is fairly similar. Mangan and Alabi who offer something different have been loaned out. As a short-term loan to build up his match-fitness, I can see some merit in the Fylde deal for Mangan, but I would rather have AM as a striker option than either of Waring or McDonough.

I see Rokka is no longer going to Warrington on loan. As he's not close to any first team action with us and cannot play in central midfield, I wonder why this has been cancelled.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think the cancellation of Rokka's loan will be related to the injuries; he will give us cover in the wide areas if somebody else is played out of position.

I agree with Boz that, however poor he has been, Mangan offers more than McDonough who has been hopeless other than in the Halifax game.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Barnsley youngster and ex Fylde player Josh Kay linked with us on a short term loan - a box to box central midfielder apparently.

Nothing on official site yet but wouldn't be a shock given the circumstances.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Nothing been confirmed officially re this as yet. He didn't play much for Fylde in his 6 months there and was snapped up by Barnsley after playing in an FA Trophy game.

drwhoman

Banks looks an experienced player and to come in at five minutes notice to play with guys you do not know was a big effort. Given all the circumstances Rovers had no luck.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Sounds like banks did ok and has plenty of experience. Played 30 odd games in league 1 last season.

Both Alabi and mangan both played the full 90 for their teams this season

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Well the news I feared has finally come - Adam Dawson has his contract cancelled by the club.

I still remember dreaming of Tollit on one wing, Dawson on the other, loads of service to Cookie and we'd run away with the league title.

Being serious, you do wonder what the future holds for him given his history. A shame as he did have talent but clearly didn't have anything where it counts (in between his ears).

So many ins and outs this season at the club