Welcome to White Review!

Want to join in? Register today. It's free and only takes a minute.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Squad for 2017/18

Discussion in 'Players' started by Sparky, 19 May 2017.

1. aldoes mustache

Now over 4 aweek at the campus

2. bring back the cowshed!

Transfer window does not apply to out of contract players or to those joining NL clubs.

3. aldoes mustache

Ya i know . Just wat i heard . Could be a little gem. Always remember some of the irish boys who we had in the past . Aldo . An o brian being some

4. Sparky

You don't mean Billy Woods do you ?!

Micky has confirmed he is training with us and if he signs will go into the development squad, i.e. not first team.

5. aldoes mustache

Ya woods . ☺

6. aldoes mustache

Mangan off to fylde for a month . Not been good since he came back . Could do him the world of good

7. Boz

Boz

I don’t know why he’s so out of favour, scored more than McDonagh with about the same amount of match time. Hopefully he will re-discover some form and at least Fylde don’t look like promotion contenders this season.

8. Ian

Ian Super White!

I don’t think his performances have been great from what I’ve seem this season.

9. Sparky

Mangan and Danny Rowe up front could be a decent front 2 for Fylde. Ex Lincoln man Muldoon was sent off last week so that will have contributed.

I've said before I've always been a fan of Mangy and still think he could score at this level if played up front regularly in a 4-4-2 alongside a big man. Most of his appearances for us in recent months have been bits and pieces coming off the bench or played out wide, so no surprise he's made the move

Rokka apparently joining Warrington on loan, but Gumbs coming back.

Its amazing with our injuries that we have Alabi, Mangan and now Rokka out on loan. Appreciate none of them are centre mids but all the same.

10. Cowshed Kid

Having said that, he hasn't been involved for some time since we started to turn things round.
    Don't think he was any worse than the others when he was making the squad and certainly no worse than others we've sent out on loan.
    See Gumbs has been recalled.

11. bring back the cowshed!

I would not be surprised to see Gumbs partnering Cole in a reshaped midfield on Saturday. Or he could simply replace McEveley in a back five.

12. Rockfords Love Child

I agree bbtc. Mangan was poor for virtually all of last season as well, even when he had an extended run in the team, so I think we are probably right to send him out for games.

13. drwhoman

re Sparky's comments - some of it is the summer recruitment which was mixed. I have been slightly surprised by Mangan's lack of goals notwithstanding his lack of a regular start. A decent goalscorer throughout his career. He is only 31 but maybe time is catching up with him.

14. Boz

Boz

Assuming Waring returns soon, that means we have 3 strikers with Cook and McDonough, whose game style is fairly similar. Mangan and Alabi who offer something different have been loaned out. As a short-term loan to build up his match-fitness, I can see some merit in the Fylde deal for Mangan, but I would rather have AM as a striker option than either of Waring or McDonough.

I see Rokka is no longer going to Warrington on loan. As he's not close to any first team action with us and cannot play in central midfield, I wonder why this has been cancelled.

15. Rockfords Love Child

I think the cancellation of Rokka's loan will be related to the injuries; he will give us cover in the wide areas if somebody else is played out of position.

I agree with Boz that, however poor he has been, Mangan offers more than McDonough who has been hopeless other than in the Halifax game.

16. Sparky

Barnsley youngster and ex Fylde player Josh Kay linked with us on a short term loan - a box to box central midfielder apparently.

Nothing on official site yet but wouldn't be a shock given the circumstances.

17. Boz

Boz

Nothing been confirmed officially re this as yet. He didn't play much for Fylde in his 6 months there and was snapped up by Barnsley after playing in an FA Trophy game.

18. drwhoman

Banks looks an experienced player and to come in at five minutes notice to play with guys you do not know was a big effort. Given all the circumstances Rovers had no luck.

Cowshed Kid likes this.
  19. Sparky

Sounds like banks did ok and has plenty of experience. Played 30 odd games in league 1 last season.

Both Alabi and mangan both played the full 90 for their teams this season