• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2017/18

J

JKS

You stated that 'our defence is shambolic', which was challenged by me and others.

Whatever limitations it has in creating play higher up the pitch (exaggerated in my view), a defence which concedes eight goals in twelve games is not by any definition 'shambolic'.

I actually said woeful.

Seriously though, I’m still interested to know when I’ve personally insulted someone. You’ve said you only deal in facts but yet can’t / won’t substantiate when this happened. It’s a little frustrating to be accused of something that simply is not true.

Signing off, this debate has dragged on far too long.

Player
aldo
Ok where not the most mobile deffence . But they dont conceded loads . And if the midfield an strikers get there arses in gear we would be ok .

frenchrover

Player
aldo
So in every pre-match/post-match interview with manager and players we are told we have the best squad in this league.....interesting then that we haven't even got a single, even token, player in the 22-man England C squad chosen today to train for the international against Slovakia in November. Dagenham have 4 of their squad chosen, Aldershot 3, Woking and Ebbsfleet 2 each whilst even Blyth Spartans, from National North, have 3 players trying for a place representing their country. Depressing really!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
So in every pre-match/post-match interview with manager and players we are told we have the best squad in this league.....interesting then that we haven't even got a single, even token, player in the 22-man England C squad chosen today to train for the international against Slovakia in November. Dagenham have 4 of their squad chosen, Aldershot 3, Woking and Ebbsfleet 2 each whilst even Blyth Spartans, from National North, have 3 players trying for a place representing their country. Depressing really!
It's probably a reflection of the poor form of most of the squad. However, when we were flying during most of the last two seasons, our players hardly had a look in. But I'm not that bothered. It's one less match for them to get injured!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I agree with BBTC. Think only Ihiekwe has made the England C squad in the entire time we've been down in the NL though Alabi was selected as a Chester player. Don't recall the exact criteria,but think there's an upper age limit for selection. No players from Orient or Wrexham, only one from Sutton. The selection process seems random and not woth losing any sleep over.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Dylan Mottley-Hartley winger joining on loan from Barnsley on Monday according to trust website

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Radio suggests another loanee coming on and possibly some trialists.

Rokka didn't travel today, surely worth trying him before getting another player in that position with no great experience in...

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
The Barnsley winger bigmart mentions is confirmed as coming on Monday as per Micky. Also says someone else with pace and energy coming in Wednesday or Thursday.

Slightly concerning are rumours saying Jose Baxter is coming in too

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Squad refreshment will be good and hopefully Tolitt will be back soon.
Tollitt meant to be available for the Orient game.

I'm not convinced about the merits of bringing in new players on loan unless they're an obvious improvement on what we've got. Why not use your own untried youngster before someone else's. Don't know the extent of Harris' injury so we may need bolstering in midfield if he's out a while. I would be wary of taking on Baxter with his associated baggage.

There was speculation on Wirral Radio that some of the funds for these may have come from doing a deal forDeclan Drysdale.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Supposed to be 4 signings coming in this week will have to wait and see who they are and where they fit in, Cook leaving rumour is doing the rounds again

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I am pleased Mark is backing Micky by allowing him to freshen up the squad. It's ironic that this is happening after some green shoots have started to appear. I hope they don't get ploughed up.

I rate Declan Drysdale and would be sorry to see him leave.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Very positive to hear about the new signigs as we definitely need to freshen things up in certain areas.

Given the current lack of width, bringing in another wide player is a no-brainer, particularly as Tollitt probably won't be fully up to speed for weeks yet.

Player
aldo
Bumped into ben tollitt today an was talking to him for 5 minutes. Says he is hoping to be involved on Wednesday prob from bench . Will give whole place a lift. Even if only 20 mins . Cant wait to see him in a white shirt again .

Last edited:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Hoping this is just a typo !? ;)
Haha you’ve got to laugh in these trying times!

According to some sources, there really is no money left so can see a few players moving on in Jan to free up some funds.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Dylan Mottley-Henry joins on a short term loan.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Glad to see we've brought someone in with pace as don't want to pin too much pressure on Tollit naturally.

Rumours still flying around about Cookie which were worsened apparently after he got abuse at the Wrexham home game.

Could be an interesting few days in and around the club.