• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

the semi against ?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Incredible shootout. Fleet were not scintillating but looked dangerous when Drury, Coulson and Kedwell linked up. They sat very deep for most of the game and I would not be surprised if they come to frustrate on Saturday.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Wow. Shots threw that away. I think we just need to go out and get at them from the start.

Player
aldo
so its ebbs then not sure how mutch fans are gonna come to pp would be great if they had 6-800 . we need to go at them from the start at a fast pace and get at them from the off . realy glad they had 120 mins in them should be tired . but also fair to ebbs they have been bang on form

Player
aldo
jusy shy of 1000 tickets sold today 5300 sold so far if we do that and more we should be looking at 10-11k at least

Player
Manager
John King
The worry for me is that Ebbsfleet have a lot of play-off experience in their team, have some decent players and are a team in form. Plus, we are likely to be missing two key players through injury.

On the up side, they must be physically and emotionally drained after that. Kedwell is 35 and will have to play ninety minutes on Saturday lunchtime, having played one hundred and twenty tonight.

Feeling as petrified as ever, but just have to hope we can get the job done.

Player
aldo
connor j has posted on his twitter that he is hoping to come home tonight . and will be supporting the team on sat . have heard he was in a coma but cant be sure . main thing is he is getting better

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Ebbsfleet will be knackered but on a high and dangerous. We will need to be on our game to see them off. (posted before I saw RLC's post above - agree 100% with his feelings and fears; it will be tense on Saturday)

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Won't be losing much sleep after watching that.
Having missed a penno, conceding after 115 mins and then trailing so badly in the shoot out, Ebbs really had no right to go through.
Much less concerned about them than I was Shots last season. I think our home advantage will sway it for us.
More interesting viewing tomorrow!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
As long as we turn up and play well, I cant see it going any other way. They'll tire in the second half and we should really look to ramp up the pressure. I agree with CK, they didn't look threatening tonight. They did show good spirit and fight though.

Last edited:
Player
Manager
John King
I agree that the standard of the two teams tonight was nowhere near that of FGR and Aldershot last season.

drwhoman

Just seen the highlights. Shots blew it! Rovers should put Ebbsfleet to the sword on Saturday. Run them around and they will run out of gas.

Player
aldo
we should do but knowing tranmere we dont to easy . we do it the tranmere way witch is stress and doing it the hard way . lets hope the boys go out and enjoy it . and do it for connor j

Player
aldo
can see it being a hard game think or hope the boys realy turn up if cookie and noors are up and going then can see it going 3-1 . think it will be 2-1 . hope 11k plus need a big push over next 2 days