• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

the replay

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Harris has to play in this one. Midfield control is essential to give Banks and hopefully Jennings/Cole the chance to flourish.
Based on his previous performances this season, Harris is more likely to be red-carded than give us midfield control. I am not sure I trust him to play this game.

Jennings and Cole both play narrowly and, in tandem with Banks and Gilmour, that can give us control against limited opposition.

drwhoman

As always time will tell RLC and you are far closer to the team than me. My main thought was that NL South is more Harris's level and we did let three in against Oxford with no McCulloch to tidy things up in front of the back line. The opposition will scrap and fight for every ball. Will Gilmour and our other skilful players be up for it?

Player
Manager
John King
The whole team will have to be up for it tomorrow if we are to go through, it won't be down to one player. Gilmour actually works quite hard despite being a flair player.

The big problem in the last two weeks is that we have not defended from the front, as a team. We need to be far more proactive tomorrow and really press Oxford when they are in possession. Their front three were lively in the first game, but they did not have much in midfield. How good are their midfielders if they have no time on the ball ?

Likewise, if we play Mullin and Norwood up front I think their defence might struggle to cope. We were dire in the first match, but any time we produced some quality around the box, Oxford struggled. Jennings and Norwood were completely unmarked for the second and third goals.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I don't think it will happen, but maybe there's an argument that DMHs raw pace could be effective against a side like Oxford. I would prefer Gilmour to Harris because of the difficulties Jay experienced in the home tie.

Player
Manager
John King
I don't think it will happen, but maybe there's an argument that DMHs raw pace could be effective against a side like Oxford.
Yes, I think you might be right. He would certainly be a good option from the bench.

He has not got the skill to beat League Two defenders, but against non-league opposition his pace alone causes major problems.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Got to give Jay a shout for this.
Can't single him out for first game, Macca and Ollie we're arguably worse and the others weren't far behind.
Don't want a scanario where we say "we needed more bite in the middle".
This game's right up his street for me.
Three out of three last season on the all weather.
Team will be wound up up for it as they were for the Chelmsford replay season before last. I've convinced myself at least.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
In the absence of McCulloch it might be worth adding Buxton to make a three at the back..
Davies
Buxton, Sutton, Monthe

Caprice, Banks, Gilmour, Zoum

Jennings

Norwood

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
In the absence of McCulloch it might be worth adding Buxton to make a three at the back..
Davies
Buxton, Sutton, Monthe

Caprice, Banks, Gilmour, Zoum

Jennings

Norwood

Hope that's not the team as there are only 10

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Sutton in for Big Mac and Harris in for McCullough. Larnell Cole replaces Smith and quite a positive team with Nors, Mullin and CJ all starting.

Stockton on the bench along with Akmanndu. Let’s hope we don’t need them

Player
Manager
John King
Banks is out, presumably injured ? 442 as hoped for with Mullin starting.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Both Franklyn and Stockton on bench - wasn't expecting that!!!

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
If we lose this it won't be due to the strength of team we have out. No problem with the line up although Banks' absence is unexpected. Been given my own flat screen TV in the Warner's Arms for the evening while internationals surround me! No sound but grateful all the same; I am going to feel obliged to keep the pints coming though. What a shame. SWA.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Banks played at Sutton last season so not a plastic pitch issue. Think we may struggle in midfield without him. Quite a strong bench.

Player
aldo
Banks has a groin injury was told he had it most of the second half at crewe if so then he shouldn't have been on the pitch in the second half