• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The players I think Little needs to get rid of!!

• Thread starter Birkenhead Born and Bred
  • Start date
B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

These two players need to go in my opinion

Jason McAteer who doesn't deserve to wear the shirt never mind the captain's arm band. He has no disapline at all either! I couldn't make the Huddersfield game but I got told he lost it for us!

Ian Goodison but has the odd good game but not consistant in my opinion. The worst player on the pitch inparticular at Southend away!

Theo Whitmore never gets on the pitch but is happy to sit on the bench and get paid. When he does come on he does do well sometimes but at other times doesn't look too bothered but we need to play him more or tell him to f_ck off!!

B

Banana Army

Nope get rid of Theo now. But we so need goodison at the moment. And macca is not THAT bad. We just presumed that he'd be this wonderful premiership standard player when he got here but hes not. Hes at our level.

M

Matthew The Rover

Agree we need to keep Goodison. He looked very good at Left Back so far this season, and we are very short at the back right now.

Theo can leave when he wants (hopefully now) and don't think Macca is worth anything to us anymore, but we can't have both Macca and Theo leave as we would then be short in midfield.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Matthew The Rover said:
Agree we need to keep Goodison. He looked very good at Left Back so far this season, and we are very short at the back right now.
YOU WHAT!

Even his big fans say he's lousy as a left back. I say he's bloody awful there, and that we've got Roberts and Tremarco both of whom are a million million million times better.

Now he's playing in the middle he's still WAY too much of a liability. Get rid of that waste of a squad number.

M

Matthew The Rover

NeverBeatDaveHiggins said:
Matthew The Rover said:
YOU WHAT!

Even his big fans say he's lousy as a left back. I say he's bloody awful there, and that we've got Roberts and Tremarco both of whom are a million million million times better.

Now he's playing in the middle he's still WAY too much of a liability. Get rid of that waste of a squad number.

This season, in my opinion, he has improved dramatically at Left Back, and looks awful at center back now.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Get rid of Gooders, hes not worth it, Tremarco is alot better. Macca needs a fireworkup his arse, get rid of his lazy attitiude then hes a good player, keep the lazy attitude thenhe can p!ss off.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
He's not very good... but going on the Blackpool and Oldham games at home this season... Goodison had improved greatly at LB.

B

Banana Army

Matthew The Rover said:
Matthew The Rover said:
YOU WHAT!

This season, in my opinion, he has improved dramatically at Left Back, and looks awful at center back now.
Couldnt agree more. He was awesome against Swindon Inparticular

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Sure if awesome is the ability to make up for your own repeated, repeated mistakes, and to hoof the ball at every oppourtunity to an opposition player, then Goodison is an able player. :x

C

ChiefRich

Thought Goodison was very good in the 4-0 win over Oldham. Thought he was shit in every other match I've ever seen him in apart from his debut (away game against Oldham - he looked quite calm at the back, then realised it is because he is casual)

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
ChiefRich said:
he looked quite calm at the back, then realised it is because he is casual
that's half his problem. sometimes, he's in goodison land and then realises the ball is at his feet. casual! thats an understatement. i've never such a casual player. hmm, im forgetting whitmore here aren't i? :lol:

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Tremarco and Roberts are best left backs. Goodison is lazy and very clumsy and I feel he lets us down too much. This who I would play in the back 4: RB:Bruce LB:Tremomarco CB:Sharps CB:Jackson but because Sharps is out at the moment I would start Paul Martin he's a young quailty defender or call back Paul Linwood from Wrexham. I WANT GOODISON OUT HE'S NOT CONSISTANT AND HE LETS OUR SIDE DOWN DONT YOU SEE THAT!!! HOW MANY GAMES HAVE YOU BEEN TO THIS SEASON? BECAUSE HE ONLY PLAYS OKAY AT HOME GAMES!!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
phew, you're angry today mate! you dont like goodison then? :wink:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
lol :lol:

I think goodison had a great pre-season I think hes improved but he doesn't really do us any favours and he gets frustrating, I think if hes more consistent then we'll have no probs. he just needs to get his game 100% and always like that, I think his confidence is lowered very easily.

B

Banana Army

Sure if awesome is the ability to make up for your own repeated, repeated mistakes, and to hoof the ball at every oppourtunity to an opposition player, then Goodison is an able player. :x

Never said he was an awesome player. Siad he was against swindon. ive had an awesome game before, doesnt mean im Ronaldinho

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I am not one of Ian Goodison's admirers. However he has imo played better this season than a lot of games last year, especially in the centre of defence. Can see no point in keeping Theo and it must be possible to find a better right-sided defender than Bruce, but aside from those two, the squad is threadbare already; we can't afford to lose anyone else.

B

Banana Army

Boz said:
I am not one of Ian Goodison's admirers. However he has imo played better this season than a lot of games last year, especially in the centre of defence. Can see no point in keeping Theo and it must be possible to find a better right-sided defender than Bruce, but aside from those two, the squad is threadbare already; we can't afford to lose anyone else.

Really? I agree with Theo, but im happy with Bruce. Infact id be happy if it was made permanent.

Banana Army said:
Nope get rid of Theo now. But we so need goodison at the moment. And macca is not THAT bad. We just presumed that he'd be this wonderful premiership standard player when he got here but hes not. Hes at our level.

why do we need goodison :?: linwood is miles better,but little can't see it :!:

the players i would get rid of,are;
:arrow: McAteer (defo has to go, what does he offer,apart from an argument)
:arrow: Bruce (just a waste of wages really,when we have linwood)
:arrow: Goodison (without being to harsh - RUBBISH :!: )
:arrow: Harrison (wouldn't get in a pub team)
:arrow: Sumerbee (past it)
:arrow: Whitmore (another waste of wages)
:arrow: Wilson (might aswell put palethorpe on bench)