• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

THE NEW LOAN SIGNING IS....

• Thread starter Johnny King is God
  • Start date
B

Banana Army

Birkenhead Born and Bred said:
I would get that lad from Sheff United I think we'll need a defender ot two as well because we don't look to solid at the moment

Well if we get him then robbo will play on the left of midfield, i'd guess anyway.

M

Matthew The Rover

Gray said:
I'd argue that a defender is the last thing we need. If BL can't see that then he really should go.

We need a Humey replacement DESPERATELY [-o<

Correct.

We don't need a defender or an attacker. Plus we have Tremaco and Roberts who play/can play Left-back.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I'm not too sure if we need this Chris Armstrong bloke with Roberts and Tremarco... but look on the bright side at least he would displace Goodison and some left backs can be quite creative. He is not the bloke who scored here last season as someone said... that was a striker for Wrexham. Apparently he has been injured for ages so I hope he isn't just coming here to regain fitness. He used to play for Oldham and they all thought he was quality. Apparently the other player Little wants on loan is a defensive midfielder.

M

Matthew The Rover

He was also a very good player out of Bury's youth academy.

Come on Brian, go for an attacking midfielder.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Highly rated by Bury this Armstrong - they were gutted he left but money talks - think they got 50k for him. Might be handy if Robbo's injury is worse than anyone has revealed (havent seen a word about it since it was first reported - maybe thats why we're in for him).

As for a defensive midfielder... I know Harrison is injured but Macca, Ranks, Jennings. We need creativity going forward to score goals!!! QWe havent scored in over 300mins of football for heavens sake! :oops:

R

rockferrywhites

loan signing

am i the only one but i think where short on defenders, we only have jacko sharps and goodison. and if oone or two of them get injured then where in trouble.

DixieDean

Re: loan signing

rockferrywhites said:
am i the only one but i think where short on defenders, we only have jacko sharps and goodison. and if oone or two of them get injured then where in trouble.

Linwood is a phonecall away.
Tremarco can play CB too.

please don't be talking about any left backs. that's the last position we need to invest in! we've got tremarco,roberts and at a push goodison! if this story is true,little needs shootin' let alone sackin' :!: :cry:

M

Matthew The Rover

Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
please don't be talking about any left backs. that's the last position we need to invest in! we've got tremarco,roberts and at a push goodison! if this

Thats the most sensible thing you've ever said on this forum :wink: :mrgreen:

Matthew The Rover said:
Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
please don't be talking about any left backs. that's the last position we need to invest in! we've got tremarco,roberts and at a push goodison! if this

Thats the most sensible thing you've ever said on this forum :wink: :mrgreen:

cheers mate \:D/

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Wish they'd hurry up and announce it. :whistle:

Player
Johnny Morrissey
If nobody has signed by today then start to worry cos I would then doubt anyone is coming. They say they have been extensively looking but obviously not selling the club or the idea of playing regualr games to these players they are allegedly looking at! :evil:

J

Johnny King is God

When he said 'You cant buy confidence' gave me the impression he wont bring someone in until we get a result. I think he thinks, And I'm not sure I'd argue with him, that bringing in a player to a really under pressure and unsettled and under confident squad might be counter productive.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Fine, lets carry on losing with these players - good approach!

I don't expect anything else from the man if he does settle with what he has.

J

Johnny King is God

YEah, but I can kind of see logic in waiting until we are on a bit of an up before a player is brought in,

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

We are meant to be geting a Loan signing by Fridaynight according to talk sport acoirding to my dad and it was said that one fell through on Tuesday night anyone knew how it was?

Player
Morrisey
Little has said that he does not want to get in a player for the sake of it!! He wants to fing the right one!!

should he not know who he wants by now?

M

Matthew The Rover

It's ridiculous. He is scared to play youth team players in a side which is on a poor run of form, won't change the midfield around and now he has promised a loan signing this week and it has not yet come, and if he doesn't sign a player by 12:00 tomorrow, he won't be able to play against Bristol, which he promised he would get. He has had months to sign players and then as soon as the transfer window closes wants to sign somebody.

Player
Morrisey
I think that we are hitting a rough patch with Little, but to be hoinest if we get up to the chaapionship this season, I will still say he is awful at playing the transfer market. I hope he prooves me wrong!!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I can't see it now. Especially now that he hasn't signed anyone and is coming up with the 'we aint gonna sign anyone for the sake of it'.

Erm, I think there's a damn fine reason why he needs to bring in players. The ones he has aren't doing the business!!

So against Bristol City, we'll have Jennings and Rankine in midfield, and no creativity at all throughout the team. Yep, gonna be a great game! :roll: