• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

the mighty whites v the moors

Player
aldo
think we will just keep playing the same team cant rest em if the boys dont play they will get rusty , same team another win keep the momentum going . i will be there . then thats my lot this season . i go in on wed . but will be listening to radio while i recover

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Hope they give you a good send off AM!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I’ve got a feeling MM May rotate a little bit for these last two games. Not rest completely but give other players a run out too.

Would be nice to win to keep the fantastic run going.

Player
aldo
another 9-0 will do ive only ever seen six scored last year i was working an had to suffer with radio

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
In my little world it would be a no brainer to rest the entire 11 tomorrow & bring them back in on mass for Saturday! After all, this is a rearranged fixture which wouldn't have existed had it not been for the adverse weather last month. With this in mind, & bearing in mind we don't want to screw up any combos or confidence I'd change the entire 11, & give much needed time on the pitch for the squad members tomorrow

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Good luck with your op, AM. Hopefully the next time you see Rovers in the flesh, we'll be a FL team again.

Solihull need a point to be mathmatically safe, but their goal difference is significantly better than Woking's so only some freak results will send them down. Micky's remarks suggest that we'll field a strong side as in theory we could affect the relegation places. I'd do the opposite to MH and play a near second xi for the Hartlepool game.

Buxton went off injured at Halifax so must be a doubt for this game. There are quite a lot of options for MM at right-back. Don't think Harris should be seen as anything more than makeshift. My preference would be Eddie Clarke left-back, with Ridehalgh moved to the right, but Sutton or Duggan could also be played there. If there are any other players carrying minor knocks, they should also be rested.

Prediction: Could well be the lowest crowd of the season, a meaningless game competing against Red Scouse in a Eurpoean semi. Think the points will be shared.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
Resting the first XI for as long as Boz suggests smacks of Brian Little to me!! Why would you want in form players going that long without a first team match??

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I personally would not rest the entire first eleven in either game. I think continuity and maintaining confidence levels are important and I would prefer us only to rest those carrying knocks (like Buxton) and bring off key players like Cook and Norwood after sixty minutes or so. However, I don't think there is a 'correct' approach and it is a difficult decision for the manager to make.

Solihull have improved massively under Yates, so there won't be a repeat of last year's nine nil scoreline, but even with a weakened line up I think we will win. I don't think the crowd will be that bad given the positivity around the club at the moment. In addition, a lot of people will have already bought tickets for the original Bank Holiday fixture. I think the gate will be somewhere between 4,000 and 4,500.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Resting the first XI for as long as Boz suggests smacks of Brian Little to me!! Why would you want in form players going that long without a first team match??
I think, as Micky has suggested, that there is a moral responsibility to play a strong side when it could impact on the relegation positions, as this game might, however unlikely that may be. The Hartlepool game will have no impact on anyone save ourselves, if players get injured/suspended. I can see there is an argument for playing our strongest side in both games to maintain momentum, it's a judgement call.

Player
aldo
thanks guys . realy getting some jitters . but will be fine :oops: . hope cookie gets some and noores to would be great to get some goals from other areas to take the presure off the two brilliant strickers we have . oh on another point i hope we do get up and make a point to the wankers and arse hole macc players after that vid . sorry 4 the rant dont do it mutch but got my back up tw^&^ts no class would be great if they come down next yesr

Player
aldo
no resting keep the momentum going . keep the faith 4800 presales for tomorrow an 3800 for sat . also 1910 season tickets we need to get to 3000 pass the word we need it big numbers big budget . we just need to keep the form going an win this comp coming up . we cant put a reserve team out with 5000 in ground and the boys are playing so well no let up lets batter the last two teams we then have a week off b4 the play off and another the week after they are pros let them play . goodnight Godbless .see ya all tomorrow

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
Ok guys, I trust your word! I've done this since 1982 & my personal preference would be to rest up for a rearranged game tomorrow! So I don't want to hear any excuses for injuries, bookings, lack of fitness etc if we fail!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
MH got his wish, almost a reserve team. Hadn’t expected such a weakened line-up.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
Indeed! It would be insanity to do anything else, especially in these conditions! I would caveat this with going full strength on Saturday! Great opportunity to give these players some desperately needed game time & we can even afford a dodgy tackle or two without fear of major repercussions ;)

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Attendance won’t be great tonight given the weather and the Liverpool game plus Micky has picked a reserve team.

Like Boz I didn’t expect so many changes but keeps the players fresh for Saturday and gives some of the youngsters a chance. Just saw Traore outside the ground with some of the other players so he is here.

Shame Wallace couldn’t get a run out but looking forward to seeing rokka, green and Clarke particularly

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
An interesting side, but not a weak one. Everyone in the side has played before for Rovers and most are experienced players who would be welcomed into some other NL first-teams. The main weakness is that they haven't played before as a team, but on the other hand most are playing for a new contract and some for a possible Wembley medal.

But what strikes me most is the lack of a target man. This side looks very light up front. Is Dunn or Green playing in attack with Mangan - or has Micky changed the formation? It all goes to show how much we have relied on Cook and Norwood this season and how any injury to either, particularly at this stage, would affect us badly.