• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Income Divide in Football

drwhoman

It highlights the wide income gap in football when you read that a guy called Cuvallier, who has just signed for Morecambe, has been delivering pizza since Walsall gave him a free last summer. A bit different in the Premier League and it’s ridiculous wages.

Player
ian goodison
when sky 1st came out I watched every game possible now I can't remember the last time I watched a full game on tv when you see players on £500,000 (half a million) per week it,s crazy then sky show Watford v Fulham and brag about it being the best league in the world Tranmere with the grandkids does me now

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It highlights the wide income gap in football when you read that a guy called Cuvallier, who has just signed for Morecambe, has been delivering pizza since Walsall gave him a free last summer. A bit different in the Premier League and it’s ridiculous wages.
Good on him. Riding his bike has kept him fit and he obviously hasn't been eating a lot of pizza. ;)

drwhoman

Ha Ha! True BBTC. I imagine we get some TV money but not remotely as much as the PL obviously. This clearly fuels the nonsense.

Player
aldo
well if we get on tv for the FA CUP then we will get a little bonus think we are in with a good chance

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
If the match had been away, I think it might have been live, but the TV people won't touch it as they will reckon it's as near a home banker as you could get. Hope they are right.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We had no chance of being on TV with it at home, there would've been a chance if we were away

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I’d settle for relatively easy games without tv money if we make the third round and the chance of a televised tie. Probably still get Peterborough though...

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Yeah Oxford City dumped Colchester out of the cup so cant be complacent!

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
It is what it is. One thing is for sure, though, anybody who moves away from supporting their local team makes the situation worse.