• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The End of an Era!

TRFC_Ian

Player
Aldo
http://www.wirralnews.co.uk/tranmer...e-on-managing-tranmere-rovers-80491-25567944/

I've just heard that Les is stopping his column in the programme - and i'm gutted! I'm not sure its because hes too busy - more likely that its harder to take the piss out of players when ur the boss. Funniest column in any newpaper/magazine tho. Lets hope the club see sense (and a marketing opportunity - tho to be fair they are not well know for that!) and bring out a book of his highlights. Im sure it would be a bestseller!

One of my favourites was a few years ago when Les wrote about Craig Curran having a girlfriend who scared horses! It shows how much the man must be liked that no one ever seemed to take offence.

Any other favourites?

Player
Goodison
Any of them that mention Goodison for me! Usually something to do with his lack of communication or lifelessness.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
“Shane almost didn’t play today. At the beginning of the week he came in and he looked awful. He was a horrible orange colour. Everything crossed my mind from botulism to the plague or one of those diseases Aussies get from poking kangaroos where they shouldn’t poke a kangaroo. Anyway I evacuated the changing area, put a mask on, and took Shane in my car to see Dr Pillow because the School of Tropical Medicine was closed. What a fool I felt. One swipe of the pre-injection wipe and the orange colour lifted from Shane’s face. It was bloody fake tan. We’ve got a player that uses fake tan. And it was orange.”

gonna miss this!..

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
When Les finally packs in football, he'll make a fortune as a speaker at sportsman's dinners!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Who is gonna write the column then? Have we found a new physio yet then?