• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

the cup first round v oxford city

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Loved the Haringey fans singing "Sing if you're Haringey, sing if you're happy that way" to the Tom Robinson tune. Absolute class!

Player
aldo
they also played realy well to esp second half . the wombles where rubish can see why they are struggling

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Think we’ll jog to 3-0 victory here.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
A little surprised at the near unchanged line-up. Tollitt gets a speck on the bench. Trying the Kop for a change, though the upper part is closed. With half an hour to ko looks like a fairly sparse crowd.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Bit of a poor half that one. Rovers not really getting out of first gear. Need to ramp up the pressure second half and put this to bed.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I don't think the 451 works in games like this. Too congested in midfield and Norwood is isolated. I would bring Smith on and go 442.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Started brightly, but had a let-off when Oxford had a goal chalked off for off-side. Looked like we’d weathered the storm when Connor put us in front, only for what looked like a Harris error letting their lad in for the leveller.

There are a lot of complacent or below par performances from Rovers this far. Hope Micky gives them a rollicking at h/t. Unsure what changes I’d make, like Smith but will he get stuck in enough?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Not sure I’d have gone Tollitt for Mullin though...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Getting what we deserved here. 2-1 to visitors.

Reactions: Boz

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Sadly what Ian & RLC say above. Too complacent from Rovers lucky we’re still in the Cup.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Dear me. First home game I’ve missed this season and a result I never expected. Will Wait any sports but sounds like it was just complacency?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Sounds like a lucky escape. Hope that's a wake up call for the replay and also the rest of the season. You've got to keep up the pressure.