• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

the cup first round v oxford city

Player
aldo
i hope we put the same team out again . there having a week break so no need to rest em . only change i would do is get tollitt on the bench to give more game time. its not gonna be easy . we dont do that . but with the way the boys are playing dont think 2 weeks off would be a good idea think a 4-5 -0 win will noors get that hatrick

Player
ian goodison
micky may be tempted to rest steve & bucko as we have Sutton & zoom to come in but otherwise play the majority of the team at present nice position to be in as we,ve got a strong bench now

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Keep the same team and bring on subs if we get three goals ahead. But I don't think it will be easy and we need to show respect and be professional.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I think there's an argument for resting one or two and it may be not all loanees get permission from their parent clubs to play. Oxford City will be no pushovers, but have lost a few key players, so might not present as much of a challenge now.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I would certainly be tempted to rest a few.

drwhoman

I would go with BBTC. Imagine the disappointment/anger if MM rests a few and we do not get over the line! Play the best team we can depending on the loanee arrangements. I imagine Smith will be ok and DMH, sadly, is not an issue. That leaves Gilmour and McCullough. Maybe we will be in luck. Sheff Utd and doing well and reportedly Doncaster are prepared to lose Luke full time.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Yes, I think Mellon will rest three or four players. A couple of years ago we played Wrexham at a similar stage - a much tougher proposition - but Micky did not play a full strength team.

I think there will still be a healthy gate of 4,000 plus given the positive vibe around the club at the moment.

I doubt we will have much trouble with Oxford City in our current form, even if a couple are rested.

Last edited:
Player
aldo
i would play the full team . with the money on offer and the fact we dont have bucket loads of it . oxford beat lg 2 opp last season so we cant take eney chances . plus if some are rested it will be nearly 2 weeks off not sure its a good thing

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I think it's a balancing act and Micky will rest a few, playing some who haven't had any matchtime since the last Checkatrade game. Oxford aren't as strong as the side who put out Colchester last season, with match-winner Matt Paterson and key man Rob Sinclair moving on.

Can't see anything on the official site about ticket prices and advance purchases yet.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We should pick the strongest team possible the money from a cup run could be vital in bringing new players in.

Player
Manager
John King
It is ten pounds to get in. Pay on the gate.

If Micky rests players I would understand it. I remember James Wallace sustaining the injury he never recovered from in a cup tie against Chesterfield. Can you imagine the reaction if the same happened to Banks or Norwood on Saturday ?

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I would definitely rest Big Mac and possibly CJ, no wholesale changes though.

Player
Manager
John King
The key for me is that I think even a slightly weakened team can comfortably beat Oxford City. If we were playing a strong NL side or a League team, I would want us to play our best eleven.

I would rest Norwood, Banks and Macca and have them on the bench in case we need them.

Last edited:
Player
aldo
if cj was rested give ben tollitt the game it could give him the lift he needs . i would play the same formation would defo play larnell he cant be tired give gilmore if he gets clearance a game as for dmh would leave him at home and send him back in jan . not the same player disappointed with him if evan g can get a game then good just lets take no chances see em off . even if we played the first team then if ahead get some of the lads off at half time

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
We have always respected the FA Cup. I don't remember us ever fielding a weakened team. The FA Trophy and EFL Trophy are different.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Agree with BBTC - Oxford will be up for their cup final and we have to be as well. Playing 1 game a week is fine for every professional footballer and frankly we seem to pick up always as many injuries in training... I would go with the same team again (assuming loanees allowed) and sure bring on Evan etc. if we are well up in the game - would like to see Williams get some minutes as well...

Player
aldo
think Williams is a gonna. he has had plenty of time now to get fit if he cant make the bench in lg games his deal runs out in jan . cant see him getting mutch time now

ADD

Player
Norwood
think Williams is a gonna. he has had plenty of time now to get fit if he cant make the bench in lg games his deal runs out in jan . cant see him getting mutch time now
You may well be right sadly - this is the one player I am surprised about this season - yes he had been out of the English game but I thought given his previous clubs he would if not be starting be a regular on the subs bench by now. Though I guess his fate may ultimately depend on whether Gilmour and McCullough stay?

drwhoman

Maybe Williams convoluted career might tell us something? Another guy with attitudinal or other problems?

Player
ian goodison
BOZ tickets £10 adults, £5 concessions & £1 under 18,s nothing about buying tickets in advance

Reactions: Boz