• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Sven Bass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yes... I think that was a big factor in Paul Hall only being offered 1 year... Little did and still does think we will get promotion... and what would be the point in Hall sitting in our reserves next year if we did get promotion.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
mind you, paul hall refused our contract.

DixieDean said:
ChiefRich said:
Think the Paul Hall decision was a very hard one to be fair. It would not have been sensible to offer Hall the 2-year contract he was offered by Chesterfield because of his age, and the chairman/manager were thinking that. It would have been a big gamble.

It is probably the hardest decision that Little has had to make since joining us as manager, and one I ultimately think he got right.

You may come back and say "but he's playing well at Chesterfield," but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Remember that Jackson only came here because we offered him 2 years whereas his original club PNE only offered him 1 year. Exactly the same with Hall.

I think another reason for offering him 1 year was that Little expects us to get promotion and so Paul Hall would be sitting in the reserves every week if we were in the Championship next season and so his wages would be wasted.

talk about waste wages, well wht about THEO?

M

Matthew The Rover

Dare I say it, I feel Theo could be key to us in the next few weeks.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
i like theo!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I'm sure this started as a post about Sven Bass! Am closing - open a new "I like theo" topic if you wish elsewhere :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.