• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Stags v Rovers

ADD

Player
Norwood
It was interesting that McNulty was subbed today. He was on a yellow card, but in the past Mellon would have left him on the pitch in any circumstances.

I thought he was slow to react when Davies parried the ball prior to the second goal today, and maybe Micky also senses he is close to the end now.
Agreed RLC, McNulty made hardly any attempt to get to the rebound to which he was nearer than the scorer. For me he should not be a first choice pick any more as there have been far too many instances really. MM has a decision to make now.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Also felt that for the last couple of games McNulty has been quieter than usual and in the early stages of this game the defence seemed a little disorganised. It might be he’s carrying an injury or age catching up. Agree we do need to be looking at options in defence.

Talk elsewhere that Sutton’s departure due to a major bust-up with Micky, no idea of their accuracy.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I still think Macca should be first choice but this will probably be his last season. A good servant to the club and a great captain in one of the most difficult periods in our history.

Reactions: Ian

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Seen the goals again and agree that McNulty could have reacxted to the rebound quicker for the second, but it was a weak parry by Davies for the third and don't think it was realistic to expect a team-mate to react to that as Scott suggests in his post match interview.

If McNulty is carrying an injury, then there is an arguement for resting him for a couple of games. If it's down to the ageing process then probably play him throughout, but unless say Edgar signs and is a wonderful defensive organiser, Micky needs to start considering other options.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Micky has said he’s on the lookout for a defender and striker so let’s wait and see..

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Another poor game for Rides - about time to give Zoom another run?
I don't think either of them are good enough to be honest, but Rides is probably slightly better defensively.

I think we will have a new left back next season.

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
Such a shame Miller is injured, as we were crying out for someone to help Nors out on Saturday. First half was pretty even, and we had a coupler of good chances so it could have been very different. Banks tackles were stupid as he is in the team to be the creative influence, alongside Luke and Perkins, who are supposed to be the ball winners.

I thought Scottie had a poor game too, his distribution needs a lot of work, and the 2 shots he parried resulted in goals for them, albeit we should have reacted better.

Caprice had a good game, however our defence as a whole looked very slow and I think that has to be an area that we really need to look at improving.

All in all, it was always going to be a hard game against a very good side who are pushing for automatic promotion. It will be interesting how MM looks to set up at PV on Saturday without Banks. I am hopeful for a bit more creativity with perhaps Smith and Pringle given a game.