• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Stags v Rovers

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
A very tough game in prospect for Rovers, against the best side I have seen so far this season. Despite the scoreline, the match at Prenton Park was a great advert for League Two football, and hopefully we will see more of the same on Saturday.

Mansfield are in fine form and are flying. They have a large wage budget and their squad is full of quality - Neal Bishop, Otis Khan, CJ Hamilton, Tyler Walker, Craig Davies, Danny Rose - to which they have added Nicky Ajose this week. Together with the game at Lincoln on Easter Monday, this is probably our toughest remaining game, and I expect we will stick with the 532 formation, which probably means Perkins will start and Pringle will be on the bench. In the absence of Miller, I would guess Jennings will play as a second striker, just off Norwood. Mark Ellis is still an injury doubt, and it will be interesting to see how we adapt defensively if he can't play.

A draw would be a terrific result here, as the seven or eight games that follow are kinder, and give us a chance to gain momentum ahead of a very difficult run-in. I expect 5-700 of the SWA will be in attendance.

For those who have not seen it yet, there is a very interesting pre-match interview with Micky on the website, where he is honest about our failings last week and discusses the bigger picture.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Sadly I can’t see anything other than a home win. We struggled defensively against Swindon and the stags are stronger than them.

A draw would be a good result but a defeat could the see the gap to 7th get bigger

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I think Micky will stick with 532 for this one, with Buxton in the back three if Ellis isn't fit. Jennings behind Norwood up front as RLC suggests.

I'd be delighted with a point here, but if Mansfield's quality isn't enough to secure victory, the fact that this is my second away game of the season will seal it. Home win.

Player
ian goodison
the way we are playing I dread to predict any score, just hope they all pull together and surprise us, frustrating thing is we have a decent team when it clicks

Player
aldo
think the boys will up there game . ok we have been poor for a few months . but a little positiveness wouldn,t go amiss i think a 1-0 smash and grab with a 90th min banks rocket

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I think they will be too good for us and win 2 1

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I agree with the above comments but hope Micky is more upbeat than we all are. He should be after his contract extension. However, I can't see how we'll avoid defeat unless two or three players have their game of the season.

After a slightly disappointing transfer window, recent inconsistent results and the long-term injury to Miller, I'm resigned to a midtable finish. I expect Micky will have already started planning for next season.

Player
Manager
John King
I don't agree that the transfer window was disappointing. We did good business and were unlucky with the Miller injury. Buxton replaces the injured Ellis, otherwise unchanged.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Transfer window not finished yet, so reserving judgement on that.
Line-up much as expected. Is Ellis unfit, I wonder, given he’s on the bench.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Playing OK here. No particular chances for etiher side yet, but certainly competitive at the moment. My only concern is Norwood seems too isolated with this formation.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Spoke to soon! McNulty gave away a foul just outside the box, subsequent free kick lashed into the top corner.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
What a muppet. On a yellow card and apparently went in with studs showing

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, can't see a way back here. Rovers players have to be more astute. Mansfield players playing to the ref, Banks had only been booked 2 mins before. Silly boy..

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Well I think our season is all but over with a defeat here

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Another booking for Rovers now. This time for Monthe. Five so far in this game..

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Turned into a horrible half, but the only plus is we are only 1 down.
You know what we can do with 10 men :)
If we are going to try and get anything out of this one, Mellon needs to make some changes. We need more attacking options.

Player
Manager
John King
Decent half from Rovers and I think we are unlucky to be behind. The referee is an idiot but they were two needless challenges from Banks.