• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

solihull v rovers trophy match

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I agree with CK that goals scored in abandoned games should be allowed to stand. Can see the logic of not chalking off bookings and red cards though.

While RLC has much more experience of watching our youth players than myself,this season, it should still be possible to put a competitive side out using a mix of out of favour/recovering seasoned pros and younger players. We had 5 players with first team experience in the side at Maidstone. Off the top of my head, something like this might work;

Pilling
Clarke McEveley Gumbs Solomon-Davies
Green Hughes Harris Mottley-Henry
Kirby McDonough
I would not object to that kind of line-up with a couple more regulars, but I don't think Kirby is ready to start and Solomon-Davies looks some way off the first team at the moment.

The rumour is that the game will either be played at PP on Monday, or Solihull on Tuesday or Wednesday. If there is any doubt at all about the floodlights, I don't see how they can expect our supporters to travel again this week. The first option would give us plenty of rest ahead of the Sutton game.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Just so long as it’s not to displace the Sutton fixture next weekend, I don’t mind when it gets played, the earlier in the week the better. The best solution from our perspective would be to play at PP, but as it’s not a replay and Solihull were drawn at home, do competition rules allow that? If it is to be played at Damson Park, the travelling fans should have some reassurance there is minimal risk of repetition.

The Sutton game is very important in the context of our season and I think it is worth taking a few risks with this game to ensure a good outcome in that fixture. Can’t remember MM saying anything about Duggan in the fitness roll-call, so presume Mitch is not an option for right-back. Could move Gumbs there and play Drysdale in central defence, if Solomon-Davies has gone backwards since Maidstone. We’re short of options up front, with 2 strikers loaned out, Green can play up front and Dunn is back in training so a possible option. In reality, I expect Mellon to play a near full strength side, going by yesterday’s selection, but we’ll almost inevitably pick up an injury or suspension as a result

Player
Manager
John King
Rearranged for tomorrow night at Solihull. No guarantees have been given that the lights will work, so the match should be switched to PP in my view. The timing is an absolute joke for travelling supporters as well.

At least it gets the game out of the way.

Last edited:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I’d stay away. If the players can’t be arsed with this one don’t see why the fans should be dipping into their pockets.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Embarrassing for Solihull's sponsors as the ground is called the Automated Technology Group Stadium. Suggest someone buys the club a power surge breaker.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Surprised but pleased the game has been rearranged so soon, but I can see it will be a big switch-off for the fans (sorry, about the unfortunate pun) so predict the lowest ever attendance for a competitive match. We should win, but if we play a team of lads and lose, I'm not bothered. I would certainly rest Davies and Norwood to prevent suspension for Saturday. Then pray for no injuries.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I agree with CK that goals scored in abandoned games should be allowed to stand.
In some countries, this happens. In fact, they just play the remaining minutes. That seems fairer although poor value for the fans. However, as so few are likely to attend tomorrow, it would make little difference.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Wasn't aware of that BBTC, but it does have some attractions.

Re-arranging for Monday makes it difficult for travelling fans, while it's unclear if the club can organise any transport for fans not making their own arrangements.

As well as Davies and Norwood, think Buxton and Sutton must also be close to an aggregate yellow card suspension and need to be kept clear of the starting xi, if so.

If we do get through, RLCs preferred opponent Marine are still in after a good win at Chorley, though the draw is no longer regionalised.

Player
Manager
John King
Just going back to yesterday's game, we played the 532 again with DMH at wing back. I have to say, I don't like that formation against a team as poor as Solihull. It makes sense to use those tactics away at Sutton in a game we can't afford to lose, but it is too negative against bottom-half teams.

Reactions: Boz

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
How did Eddie Clarke fare as wing-back on the other side?

Player
aldo
There was around 400 fans with 250 plus from tranmere . With the game now monday are eney of the S. W. A . Gonna turn up it wont be mutch and still full bloody price. I wont be there with my work load . . Im not gonna be at my beautiful club the next few weeks as we are run off are feet my xmas will be in the second week of jan when we finish the stupid run. Just hope we get through with no injuries or suspensions.

Player
Manager
John King
Hopefully we will be in the top three or four by the time you return AM.

Player
aldo
Realy pissed off . I love my work but hate this time of year . We have told my little girle that santa will be a wekk late with daddy working everyday its a hard time. Im working 60 plus hours a week but only for a week or two then over just wont a day off . So we are gonna have are xms day in the fi r st week of jan . I also need a hernia op on my tummy witch is getting worse and am gonna be out of it for 4 weeks. Not ruddy happy