• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

solihull v rovers again

Player
aldo
Well lets hope the bloody lights stay on this time . Same team get at em 4.0 an get out . Then beat sutton . An have a happy Christmas . Thats wat i demand not wont . We are tranmere rovers . And i wont wins . Lets do it

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think the players will be motivated to turn them over after all the nonsense on Saturday, and I expect a better performance. No idea what the team selection will be but hopefully we can get out of there with no injuries or bookings.

Player
aldo
We are gonna batter someone soon would be great to do it then . 5 or 6 gotta be same team with 4 days off after

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I don’t know how close Norwood is away from another ban, but it would be daft to pick any player,excepting McEveley, who is a booking away from being banned and will miss the Sutton game if they get a yellow card in this one. McEveley, aside from being poor, can’t play on plastic pitches, so it doesn’t matter what happens to him in this game.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Spennymoor Town/Gainsborough Trinity v Solihull Moors/Tranmere Rovers

Another winnable tie, if we get through tonight and put out a reasonable side.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Fog looking a but of a worry - another call off?!?!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Now losing 2-0, dubious penalty apparently.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Now 2-0 down. I'm not bothered about the trophy But given the team picked it's a surprise

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I feel sorry for anyone who’s gone. Sounds like a very poor first half, relying on the Tranmere podcast as Wirral Radio is offline. A team of kids might have shown more heart.

CK, Sutton booked for the penalty incident.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
A team of kids might have shown more heart.
So true. Team weren’t interested on Sat and they are not interested tonight. Let’s get this over with and get back to what’s important.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Buxton now been booked too. Probably get someone sent off soon.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Get McEvely on as he cant play on Saturday on the plastic pitch and we don't want Sutton or Buxton sent off

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
What a shambles. A full strength team beaten by the bottom team in front of just 215. Embarrassing. I just hope they can all put the experience behind them by Saturday. These cups are proving a horrendous distraction.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Well at least we can concentrate on the league!

You do wonder whether if in a game with an attendance of 215 the lads simply didn't fancy it and wanted to stay fit for the big game on Saturday.

As Boz suggests, this was always a possibility so perhaps some of the kids should have been given a game

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Our strongest side (excepting Pilling?) can't beat the team at the bottom of the table. It sounded excruciating. Buxton injured by a bad foul that saw the Solihull player sent off and may now be missing the Sutton game.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Bit of a farce really. Clearly there was no interest in this game from the players, the warning signs were there. 215 spectators. Wow!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Poor performance from rovers. Plenty of effort but the quality was not there. Tactics were wrong in the first half playing 532, we were too deep had no width and created little. Looked more balanced after half time when we switched to 442 but our quality in the final third was woeful. We were unlucky in the sense that the first goal was a worldy and the penalty was a terrible decision. Pitch was like an ice rink as well. Our away form is poor and is a concern though. Definitely the weirdest Tranmere game I have been too and hats off to the 50 or so that travelled.