• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Silkmen v Rovers

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
So that pretty much sums up the season Sparky. Plenty of chances, lots of them wasted and the inability to kill off the game.

MP cannot be happy with this mid table nonesense.

Player
aldo
Its only the last ten or 12 games we have been creating the chances . . The lack of goals from midfield and the wings are killing us . Look at connor j he cant hit a barn door and has been poor quite a lot of times . Albiet he is playing out of possison . Was better last season just behind the front two. And as i said yesterday if cook stopped sulking and started working and playing again things might improve. Hope clark stayss in at weekend. And another youngster comes in to play at weekend .

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Its only the last ten or 12 games we have been creating the chances . .
I disagree. Even during the shocking start we made we were creating chances. We were just woeful in front of goal.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I agree with AM. It is only since we brought the wingers in that we have created sufficient chances to win games, and even then we have still seen lapses in concentration and poor character that have cost us in a number of matches.

What is most frustrating is that despite the recruitment failings in the summer, we have better players than virtually all teams at this level. The goals we scored last night were excellent and the opposition would not have been capable of scoring them. Yet we are fifteenth. Hugely disappointing.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Who is that joker interviewing Micky after the game? Usual silly questions. Weren't the fans great and how long is ridehalgh out for, didn't Eddie Clarke do well.
I think it was Paul Harper who is employed by the club, so probably not much he could say. Derek Jones winds me up these days when he bowls underarm questions; Wirral Radio are less deferential.

In fairness to Mellon, he was obviously p***ed off and did not pull any punches in his comments, regardless of the questioning.

drwhoman

Just seen the highlights. As others have said, a couple of decent goals scored and awful ones given away. That said, Norwood should have scored at least one of the opportunities presented to him in the second half albeit that one arose from his own anticipation. His chances to goals ratio cannot be high which is why he is playing in the NL I suppose. Still, we would be worse off without him that is for sure.

Player
aldo
Ok we did make chances at the start of the season. But not loads . It is since we have got the wingers inthat we have made lots of chances. We just dont have composure in front of goal and are not clinical enough. Jst like hughes corners makes you wonder do they help noors to try an make him better . Would be a good idea to bring in a attacking coach . Muir or aldo . Even fowler who did it i think at mk dons. Somthing has to change . . As for midfield we dont close down enough give to mutch space away . And dont score enough goals. Only Norborn looks like scoring from it . As for the defence need to stop this fucking abt passing it around and getting court out and giving stupid goals away . Just lump it down an get rid . Also davis pisses around to mutch and is to slow . Makes you wonder wat nixon does in training . As if i remember he never tim wasted. an set loads of goals up by getting the wingers going with quality frow outs an controlled his back 4 he did not fuck around . Just got the job done .

Player
aldo
Oh ya was at the ground today getting my little monkey an me are tickets for Saturday . And getting my wifey her away shirt 4 xmas . Bumped in ti nicola palios . We had a good chat . The concerts are back this summer . But there not happy with the season so far . Did not ask abt manager . But got an impression of wat they think .

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Did you ask Nicola what they’re doing to ensure any concerts turn in a profit this time, AM? Despite the official line, can’t help feeling the loss made had some bearing on who we did/didn’t recruit in the summer.

While I can understand MMs frustration, we played a lot better against Macclesfield than Gateshead and the Silkmen were a much stronger opponent. The manager appeared relatively happy with the Gateshead performance, which most of us weren’t.

Finally on Andy Cook. I think the manager should try and build up his confidence by starting him every game until the end of the year. It wasn’t a given that he’d score in the position he got the ball off Clarke and his quality showed through. Last Saturday, there were a couple of times when he was better placed than Norwood, who ran into dead ends rather than try to pass to Cook, who appeared to lose heart as a result. Both forwards are valuable to the side, but in different ways and both are better than McDonough.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
What is most frustrating is that despite the recruitment failings in the summer, we have better players than virtually all teams at this level. The goals we scored last night were excellent and the opposition would not have been capable of scoring them. Yet we are fifteenth. Hugely disappointing.
I think we should drill into this a little more. It's true that we have the better players, but why do we struggle so much to beat these teams? I also agree with AM a few posts above that we do spend too long messing around at the back. It's what got us into trouble against Peterborough. I also think when we have the lead and we are doing well in the game, we drop back instead of going for the jugular. Im not saying they can maintain this for 90 minutes but if you have the opposition rattled, go for the kill!

Player
aldo
We do sit back to mutch and that comes from the manager . Even the shrews fans said the same . We need to grow some balls an start getting at teams. You would nnever see kingys teams doing it . Do think with the chances we are getting and with playing it on the floor more . We could do cant belive imgonna say it . We could do with alabi back as thats wat he likes to run on to and he is strong at it .