• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Showunmi signs in

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
So the striker has finally been found...

Enoch Showunmi signs a 2-year deal.

He done well at Luton and Bristol City and was a bit hit-and-miss for Leeds and Sheff Wed.
He had quite a miserable time up in Scotland, scoring just 1 goal in 15 starts for Falkirk.

And what's a new signing without the obligatory youtube vid..

[youtube]daRceLVAIhI[/youtube]

The general consensus is that he's pretty poo but everyone loves him 8-[
Only time will tell.

Time for Terry to take his place on the bench :-D

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
sounds a bit like zola tall quick but poor in the air

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well if he's played correctly, he can be the man chesting it down looking for Ian Moore. We don't want to see any Savage like runs down the wing. That would be a waste. Get him in the middle causing problems.

O

OneNightInGayParis

Showunmi

Oh dear - I would love to be proved wrong but this is hardly inspiring. A goal every 5 and a half games, pretty much released by every manager he has played for, and an unfortunate liaison with the agent Charles Collymore. It even seems that at least one, if not both, of his 2 Nigerian caps (as sub) were earned by virtue of him being located in England and thus saving the NFF a plane fare!

I need cheering up - when was the last time a player of this consistent mediocrity came to a new club and set the world on fire?
:-(

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
bearing in mind our financial position who do you think we could reasonably sign?

O

OneNightInGayParis

Appreciate this is a problem, bigmart, but not entirely convinced that he will be a better bet than Savage or, even, Curran. Time will tell - fingers crossed he can shine at this level. You can remind me of my post in a couple of years when they have inaugurated him into the Hall of Fame ...

HarvLUFC

Player
Enoch Showumni
As a Leeds fan I personally think he was not given a decant chance with us. He looked threatening in the occasional cup game we played him in but unfortunately did not fit into our team's style. He's become a bit of a cult hero with many Leeds fans jokingly miss him and would love him back.

Enoch has got a massive cock, Enoch! Enoch!
He tucks in his football sock, Enoch! Enoch!
He shagged a woman now she's dead
He spins his cock around his head
Enoch Showumni Rovers number ..!

O

OneNightInGayParis

Awesome! I am starting to change my mind already ....

And with which tune, pray tell, do we put this little ditty to voice?

By the way, I missed Last of The Summer Wine the other night; was it any good?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
he did ok at bristol city so hopefully he will do well with us

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Haha..

Anyways, I think if he focuses and steers clear of injury (having a blood clot on the lung isn't the greatest!) I can see him doing fine. He couldn't possibly score any less than Curran and Savage though could he? 8-[

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Big Mart is right - what else could we expect on our resources ? True he isnt a goalscorer but is something different in that he is big, strong, and powerful - I cant imagine many defenders would want to play against him.

He'll surely be better that Ricketts anyway !

He did do well in his Luton days albeit a long time ago and isnt that old so I am relatively pleased with this. I am sure other teams in our league would have been after him.

Only worry I still have is the lack of goals - I would have preferred someone with a better goalscoring record as we're still lacking in that department.

Plus we dont have a geniune right back do we ? And we still need another front man do we ? I can only think of ENoch, ITM and Gornell. Considering we play 3 up front we need back up. Not counting young Jennings.

Finally - has Andy Robbo been snapped up by anyone ? I was just wondering whether its worth taking a punt and offering him something

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Have to be honest, if Enoch is the striker Les was talking about spending most of the remaining wage budget on then I'm disappointed. On the face of it, he doesn't look like exceeding Curran's five goals last season and is seemingly short of match-fitness. As Les is committed to 4-3-3, we'll still be playing Terry Gornell up front too.

However, being optimistic, maybe Les got him cheap, so there is more of the wage budget left to strengthen the squad and he looks an awkward customer for defenders to deal with. Nobody was that enthusiastic about Savage when Ronnie brought him in, but in his injury-free first season, he proved quite a shrewd buy. Here's hoping...

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Welcome to Tranmere, Enoch Showumni! I've always liked the look of him when he's played against us. He's the type of player that causes our defence problems (ok, not saying much sometimes!), so lets hope he can cause League 1 defences some problems too.

I'm reliably informed by a Leeds fan I work with that he is super quick, strong as an ox and a decent all round player. One drawback being that he's one of these Emile Heskey type of striker who don't score enough goals. Hopefully he and ITM can build up a nice partnership up front and lets see if they can get a fair few goals between them.

evo_trfc

Been a while since I posted on here but I'm actually pleased with the signing! He's a good striker certainly better then curran and savage! I think a centre defender a midfielder and another striker would probably see us to mid table.

Far more optimistic this season then the start of last! Super White army!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Sparky robbo has still not got another club but is still under contract at leeds so he may be prepared to sit it out in the stands and still get paid, highly unlikely we will sign him.

With still no sign of cathalina or broomes playing we are going to need more cover in defence as well as another midfielder and a striker and wide man, heres hoping.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I can't see us recruiting that many more players now. Les doesn't want to rely heavily on loan players. There's only just over a week until the season starts. I think it's barebones, and if we are really struggling, Les will bring in some loanees.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yeah loanees will be the way to go - especially when you think of Logan, Daniels, Labadie and how well they did last season.

Any news on Bojang - noticed he didnt play last night so maybe they have let him go ?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
we let bojang go. nick wood has signed a 1 year deal

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Quailty comment from a Leeds fan on Teamtalk - made me laugh a bit !

dodgy peacock (Leeds United): I thought it was the same Enoch Showunmi that used to play for Leeds until I read that the Tranmere manager said, "He's excellent at bringing team-mates into play and comfortable on the ball". Must be a different Enoch Showunmi then. Good luck Tranmere and can you take Andy Robinson, too?