• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

shots v rovers

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We have come to frustrate them and it has worked so far. Hope it continues.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Damn..

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Listening on Wirral radio. Was bringing McEveley on a negative move as sounds like we've gone downhill since then and got nothing going forward by the sounds of it.

No one able to hold it up. Cook not on yet.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Like RLC says, think frustration was the aim, with quite a defensive selection. Probably played a bit too deep early on so we'll do well to hold out for a draw now.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
McDonough looks like he's coming on for cook albeit very late - don't blame cookie for wanting to go

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ohh, ffs....

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
FFS !! I'm not there but McDonough blamed on the radio.

Lazy loan players who don't give a monkeys not tracking back.

Another cock up from Micky. Bringing on bloody McEveley when we were winning

Player
Manager
John King
I would not blame mceverley. As a team we were way too deep the whole second half and could not keep possession when we did get the ball. When we switched to 532 I thought we should have brought another genuine striker on to hepl norwood hold it up as we had no attacking threat at all. Playing into a gale second half did not help either.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Harris was walking his customary knife edge apparently, god love him, so the substitution was probably needed.
Such a shame we caved in.

Player
Manager
John King
I thought the back four / five did well to keep us in it as long as they did. We were under ridiculous pressure in the second half. We needed leadership to move us up the pitch and midfield needed to keep the ball better.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Very disappointing. Haven’t heard any commentary, playing negative is all very well if you get something from the game, but when you don’t...
How did Clarke and Duggan fare in the full-back roles? Lose at Hartlepool and we’re right back into the relegation mix.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
That’s good re Clarke.

Having looked at the table, there is still a significant gap to the bottom four sides, so from that angle losing the Pools game wouldn’t be fatal. Need to see if we bring anybody in with the wages saved.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
One of the first lessons I had in football as a lad was "the best form of defence is attack". If you pose no attacking threat, they can throw everyone forward and put you under tremendous pressure. Such tactics also do nothing to build a team's confidence. Tonight I'm "Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells".

drwhoman

What a shame. Loan out two strikers and try to defend like Man Utd! Rovers and Utd got their just desserts today! This sort of approach from MM will do nothing for squad confidence or the patience of supporters. We are meant to be a big fish in this league for God's sake! And I was bemoaning the play offs being expanded. Automatic promotion now looks very unlikely. I just hope that the players brought in will make a real difference and are not just kids or guys who have seen better days! The summer recruitment campaign has been shown, with the exception of Norburn, to have been a complete shambles.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
MM is rapidly ruining the squad, his signings have been awful his treatment of our best scorer is a joke he needs to go

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I really don’t think there’s a great deal out there. The first XI is pretty much what we’ve got for the rest of the season if you ignore the circus of forwards coming and going at the moment.

Player
Manager
John King
I still believe we should be doing much better with the players we have. However, I agree that Mellon weakens the squad with every transfer deal he makes.